Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stillen engine shock dampener installed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stillen engine shock dampener installed!!!

I'm my previous post i was bitching about the engine moveig when decelerating/accelerating in my manual 6 speed GTP. Well i've odered a Stillen engine shock dampener oringinaly for a infinity g35 and it FITS perfectly!!! I realy didn't have to do to much modification to it besides drilling out the stock dampener rivits and buing new 10mm allen head bolts to bolt it in place. I got it from http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/prod ... ts_id/6967 . I didn't know if it would fit when I bought it and thought I would have to make custom brackets. But my gamble equals everyones gain! Once I drilled the rivits out I had to drill the holes big enouf to accept a 10mm bolt but this install is realy easy. Heres some pics:

-06 3.9L GTP
    -6-speed manual
    -VMS Tune 93 octane
    -Dual Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust w/o resonator
    -Filled front/rear transmission mounts
    -Eibach springs
    -Stillen Engine Dampener
    -DS Stage 4 intake
    -DS Cold air box
    -GM strut tower brace

So how well does it do the job?!?

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Too tired to cruze now plus it just snowed and there a half inch of ice on the road. did a couple starts in the garage and it felt MUCH firmer off the start but tommarow i will post after i beat on her a little to and from work.
      -06 3.9L GTP
      -6-speed manual
      -VMS Tune 93 octane
      -Dual Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust w/o resonator
      -Filled front/rear transmission mounts
      -Eibach springs
      -Stillen Engine Dampener
      -DS Stage 4 intake
      -DS Cold air box
      -GM strut tower brace

Comment

Nice work

I'm looking forward to hearing how well it works.

Comment

Nice find and nice work, as said can't wait to here the results.

Comment

Nice work! I'm super leary of buying stuff from Vivid since they got kicked out as a vender on one of my boards. I definately don't want a solid link there, but a stiffer damper would be perfect.

Once you test it also let us know how much more shaking, etc there is since it should be a bit more solid than the stocker.
            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Great find man guess what i'm ordering in the new year!
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Thanks for taking a chance for the rest of us! Looking forward to hearing the results.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

That's pretty neat! I also can't wait to see how it works for ya!

Way to take one for the team

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Srry this is going to be an extremely noobish question. On installing these I'm guess you needed to use a hoist to hold the engine in place when removing the fasteners. And isnt there two holding the engine?
                    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

You don't need a hoist, at most like a jack to help things out. Usually there are upper/lower, front/rear engine mounts which do the same thing.

Typos galore.

Comment

The kit only appears to come with one. And he only showed pictures of one being installed, would it work ok with only one or would it work best with two. And engine hoist?

Comment

When replacing them you should do it in pairs, even if only one mount is damaged for example, replacing both at the same time is a good idea. So if you had both aftermarket you would see a lot better results than just replacing one. One usually does more than the other. You don't need a hoist, just a creeper and a jack will do fine when replacing the mounts.

That is if you can stand the increased shaking, some don't like the feeling of your dash is going to fall apart LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                            That is if you can stand the increased shaking, some don't like the feeling of your dash is going to fall apart LOL
                            Shaking? Dont these reduct the shifting and shaking cause by the engine?

Comment

Well they make the engine more rigid, like when you romp on the gas the engine won't kick back as hard. But as far as reducing the shaking, the stock mounts are best for that, you will notice increased vibrations but some people like it since it gives it a 'performance feeling'

But I'm sure this dampener can't be near that bad, I was just speaking from past experiences. I replaced the same thing on my 350z and I didn't feel any negative effects from it. But with prothane motor mounts whoa it was bad poor thing was going to shake apart, mind you it did break in and calm down but you could still notice it easily.

Comment

Working...
                              X