Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My car alarm must have a mind of its own!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car alarm must have a mind of its own!

So, as I've said, Im new here, just bought my 6 not even a week ago. Well, at first everything was cool, but now lately I'll lock my car (windows, doors, trunk) everything is closed, I double checked it all to see if that was causing the problem, but anyways ill lock my car, half an hour later if that, the alarm goes off. I can shut it off on my key fob, but then it goes off like 5 minutes later again. Its done this at minimum 5 times on me in the past few days, I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.... Right now I can;t even lock my car, otherwise it'll go off....So ive left it unlocked as much as I dont want to, I'll piss off the neighbors if i keep it locked....w the alarm this way any ideas?? Im taking it back to the dealership tomorrow and they're going to fix it, but Im trying to figure out myself what might be going on before they screw around with it....because one service guy mentioned cutting the wires and alarm system right out, but I dont want it out!

Any thoughts would be appriciated!

Re: My car alarm must have a mind of its own!

I'm not too sure what it'd be, but there's no way in hell a dealership would cut out the alarm system from a car they just sold me a week ago. I wouldn't stand for that one bit. I'd give them the option to fix it or give me a another car.
    Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
    2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Wert842 View Post
      I'm not too sure what it'd be, but there's no way in hell a dealership would cut out the alarm system from a car they just sold me a week ago. I wouldn't stand for that one bit. I'd give them the option to fix it or give me a another car.

If you have warranty on it and they want to cut it still I'd say screw them and go to another GM dealer.

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

I bought this from a Ford Dealership; it was traded in. & I have a warranty on my car, also told them they will not cut it out, my grandpa snapped on them for mentioning it. A switch for the hood was bad, what they told me, thats why it keeps going off.

Comment

Mine did that when I had the G6 at like 2 in the morning, 2 nights. Never figured it out either. Never did it again after that. I think the car thought the passenger door was open cause I couldn't reset it one time

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
          Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle View Post
            Mine did that when I had the G6 at like 2 in the morning, 2 nights. Never figured it out either. Never did it again after that. I think the car thought the passenger door was open cause I couldn't reset it one time
            Mine does the same, but idk it hasnt since then.

Comment

Don't worry it's just Skynet becoming aware of itself

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
              G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

OMFG, best comment ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64 View Post
                  Originally posted by dustyd64 View Post
                  OMFG, best comment ever!

Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
                  sigpic
                  Progression Page
                  Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
                  Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Working...
                  X