Need a good aftermarket alarm system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good aftermarket alarm system

I purchased my G6 nearly 4 1/2 years ago and made the mistake of not getting it with an alarm system. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time but my wife & I are planning to have our first kid at some point next year and I just think it would make things easier if I could press a button to unlock the car. Of course if GM, in their infinite wisdom, would have designed this car with a keyhole in the passenger side door instead of just the keyhole in the driver side, this may not have ended up being a necessity for me.

At any rate, does anyone know of a good aftermarket alarm system that would work well for my G6? I'd like to keep the cost under $100, if possible, but I'm not opposed to going over that if it's worth it. Thanks for the help.

Re: Need a good aftermarket alarm system

Anyone?

Comment

Clifford 50.7x

Comment

You mean to tell me you don't have key fob to unlock your car? That must suck.
        2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
        GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
        Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

wait, does he want an alarm, or does he want remote entry/ key fob. These are two different things. For that matter why would anyone buy a car in the last ten years without one?
          1972 F100
          1978 Twinstar
          1992 Miata
          2014 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssul View Post
            You mean to tell me you don't have key fob to unlock your car? That must suck.
            Unfortunately, yes. In all honesty, it wouldn't be that bad if GM would have been intelligent enough to put a handle on the passenger side that actually had a keyhole. Does anyone have experience with this:

?

The price is nice and it's gotten good reviews but I've never heard of the brand.

Comment

Working...
            X