Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! can i put down the rear seat? (sedan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! can i put down the rear seat? (sedan)

I'm not sure if this is the right section. I've been having my car for a while and never really fully used my trunk. But I need to put down the rear seat because now i have to move something big with my G6, and the trunk is not big enough.
    I looked around the rear seat for a buckle or something so I can lower it but cannot find it anywhere. Does it mean the rear seat just can't be lowered for a sedan? Or simply I didn't find the magic buckle? If so, can anyone tell me where it is? it would be best if there's a picture showing where it is.
    HELP HELP HELP!

Crab intakes with Crab claws
    Resonator delete
    Magnaflow cat-back exhaust system
    Racingline strut tower bar
    Tinted taillights
    18' Enkei Razr's with 225/45/18 Toyo Proxes
    Painted calipers

Re: HELP! can i put down the rear seat? (sedan)

the 2 handles top right on the inside of the trunk (not trunk lid) theyre the light grey handles
    The NEW G8 GXP progression build

Mrs Mancosman's midnight blue GXP build

My Progression The G6 Transformation! RIP

Comment

This. Pull the handles and they will unlatch the seat so you can pull them down from the inside or reach back and push them through.
      sigpic
      MY PROGRESSION:
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Exactly right. When I first got my G6, I too didn't know where the hell the latches were to bring the back seats down. I felt really stupid later after I found them.
        Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
        Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how to get the seats down if those handles have been broken? They both got broken on my car trying to get a large stroller out of the trunk and now I can't get the seats down. Alternatively anyone know a good way to fix them? the plastic parts snapped off and I can't seem to get at the plastic pieces at the ends of the cables to reliably glue them back together without gluing the handles to their housing.

Comment

Originally posted by jtaets View Post
            I know this is an old thread but does anyone know how to get the seats down if those handles have been broken? They both got broken on my car trying to get a large stroller out of the trunk and now I can't get the seats down. Alternatively anyone know a good way to fix them? the plastic parts snapped off and I can't seem to get at the plastic pieces at the ends of the cables to reliably glue them back together without gluing the handles to their housing.
            You can do what I do and carry needle nose pliers in my car...
            Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
            2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
            2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Wert842 View Post
              You can do what I do and carry needle nose pliers in my car...
              This ^^^

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle View Post
                This ^^^
                Lol. It's ghetto, but it works.
                Traded G6 - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17590
                2006 G6 V6, 12" vinyl strip along windshield, 5% tint on all around, painted mirrors, Eibach Pro-Kit, CRABS Option 3, Dr. Speed FPU, 8k Highs/Lows with halogen fogs, tinted tails, custom Flowmaster 44 exhaust with resonator delete, and a Kenwood headunit along with a metra kit.

New Car - http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22863
                2009 Cobalt SS/TC, K&N SRI, ZZP catless DP, EFR 6758, Polished TC wheels, Injen Charge pipes, Retros, HPTuned, etc...

Comment

Didnt your Mom teach you to always lower the seat??
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Working...
                  X