Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any one have problems with alts or headlights dimming??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one have problems with alts or headlights dimming??

i have a stereo in my car 1 fosgate p3 10" in 2ohm with a mtx 6001 mono sub amp RMS Power at 4 Ohms 300 W x 1
    RMS Power at 2 Ohms 600 W x 1
    4GA wires & a 2.4cap
    my lights are really startin to dim with beat of music is there anything i can do to stop it i have heard about upgrading wire on car grounds & that will that really fix problem any one have pics of how to do this i no there is a how to on this but no pics to go with it
    & what will this do to warranty & did it fix problem i really hope my ALt is not going I also have a red top optimum battery
    My Best 1/4mile time 14.94 auto gtp

hmmm. sounds like cap isnt doing its job very well

i have no problems with my system..but i would do the big 3 before anything else i guess

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
      why

can't

people

type

in whole sentences

and with proper grammar.

It's not for a G6 but it's the same principle.

I've never done it but it doesn't seem too hard. Shouldn't do anything to your warranty either, if you do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
        Originally posted by carsuperfreak
        why

can't

people

type

in whole sentences

and with proper grammar.

who gives a car...if i want to type like this i will...ok? ok

i speak english, and im not applying of a job thru this site...so ill write how i want

Comment

Sorry - that was directed at the original post which had no punctuation marks whatsoever.

Comment

oh well my bad then...good link

and did ya notice i said give a car

Comment

any one have pics of the "big 3" done on there g6 please post thanks

Comment

I will get on it this weekend. I did it and posted a how to. It is really easy to do.
                Originally posted by Nikki
                You are an e-pimp.
                Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                I tried too, my penis way too big
                07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Your cap probably just made it worse, def do the big 3 and see where you are at.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    Shouldn't do anything to your warranty either, if you do it right.
                    Ohhh i think GM might have something different to say about it....
                    but its deffinately worth doing.
                    c'mon diposablohero git'er done man with pics PLZZZZZZZ

Comment

With the big 3 you can keep the stock wires. The current will follow the path of least resistance so the stock won't be harmed. You can take the big 3 out when you go to the dealer if you are worried about the warranty. I will be gone all day sat bot sun I will take the pics.
                      Originally posted by Nikki
                      You are an e-pimp.
                      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                      I tried too, my penis way too big
                      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Doing the big 3 correctly should not affect your warranty. The aftermarket stereo equipment would void it too then.

Comment

That is why you should just add on to the stock and not replace the whole thing, it saves time for you to add and remove it. Like Joey said it will follow the path of least resistance anyway so it won't make any difference.

You could probably replace it to look stock if you really wanted to also, well minus the fuse anyways.

Comment

what fuse ?
                            are you meaning the fuse on my power wire to my amp ?
                            i will wait till pics are posted before i bother to try

Comment

The fuse you put in when you run the battery positive to alternator.

Comment

Working...
                              X