Some quick questions for the stage/intakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some quick questions for the stage/intakes

Im not really good at this, so some of these questions may sound stupid.

I looked at the docterspeed site for the intakes etc theres a coldbox, stage1/2/3

Can you get all 3 intakes? or only one? (I almost sure its 1) if so would the stage 3 be the best of them all? (I cant have stage 4) If I get stage 3 can I also get the coldbox

I cant add anything super to my engine like a turbo or supercharger or anything like that, so I'm doing whatever I can add to it
    myspace.com/chanman321

You only get one intake. You don't need three.

If you got a stage 3, there would be no reason for the airbox, the filter is already down in the fenderwell. From what I understand, performance gains are similar between the stage three and the cold air box kit.
    Originally posted by colinpeddle
    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
    That here, by G6er law, we lie
    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

All your questions and information is found in the "intake sticky" http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4038
      Post any question there too.

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
        You only get one intake. You don't need three.

If you got a stage 3, there would be no reason for the airbox, the filter is already down in the fenderwell. From what I understand, performance gains are similar between the stage three and the cold air box kit.
        So getting stage 3 would knock off stage 1/2/airbox?
        myspace.com/chanman321

Comment

ok to help clear things up for you

each stage is basically the same thing, just the filter is moved or parts are added

there is no stage 1 for the g6

stage 2, just add air filter in place of factory air box

cold air box, takes stage 2 and adds a wall between filter and rest of engine bay

stage 3, move the filter down inside the fenderwell (notice the added pipe for that)

stage 4, is an upgrade that gives you piping from engine to filter

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
            cold air box, takes stage 2 and adds a wall between filter and rest of engine bay

stage 3, move the filter down inside the fenderwell (notice the added pipe for that)
            i got lost here, if stage 3 does all, why does the airbox cost more then all the intakes?
            myspace.com/chanman321

Comment

More parts, i.e. the box. It will also save you grief on the install I believe, you wont have to remove your bumper or headlight
              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
              ^ The Man
              v The Legend

Comment

box=stage3 ??

so the extra 20 bucks just saves time?
                myspace.com/chanman321

Comment

Originally posted by dcg6
                  box=stage3 ??

so the extra 20 bucks just saves time?
                  No.

Cold Air box does not have a "stage" designation, it is seperate. A quick look on the Doc's site should be plenty explanatory.

Stage 3: piping down into the fender.

Cold Air Box: A cone filter with a box around it, in the stock location.
                  Originally posted by colinpeddle
                  They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                  That here, by G6er law, we lie
                  Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                  THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

i looked at the site, it seems like the airbox does more then the stage 3 but i could be wrong, im lost on what i should get, airbox or s3

edit- i think im asking so much is becasue i really dont know what they are and what they are really made for
                    myspace.com/chanman321

Comment

Re: Some quick questions for the stage/intakes

Originally posted by dcg6
                      Im not really good at this, so some of these questions may sound stupid.

I looked at the docterspeed site for the intakes etc theres a coldbox, stage1/2/3

Can you get all 3 intakes? or only one? (I almost sure its 1) if so would the stage 3 be the best of them all? (I cant have stage 4) If I get stage 3 can I also get the coldbox

I cant add anything super to my engine like a turbo or supercharger or anything like that, so I'm doing whatever I can add to it
                      You could get all 3 and make Kyle really happy...but you can only use one at a time.

The airbox and stage 3 will give you similar performance gains. The stage 3 is a bit harder to install. I have the Cold Air Box and love it; there are lots of members here with the stage 3 who love theirs.

Go with whatever fits your taste (as far as looks go) and budget.

Comment

ok thats good enough i was worried one might do something the other one doesnt carry so i was jsut trying to figure out what would be the best
                        myspace.com/chanman321

Comment

I think the simplest explanation is you can't go wrong with any of them. Probably better off to buy whatever is in stock so you don't have to wait as long.

You can add the stage 4 to the Cold air box intake, stage 2 and stage 3. The Stage 4, is the Shiny Piping that will replace the black plastic piping already on your car.

The Intake allows for more air to flow to your engine, the more air in your enginemeans more horse power.
                          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                          ^ The Man
                          v The Legend

Comment

i would get the stage 4 but it says it only fits on 3.9 or gtp or something like that
                            myspace.com/chanman321

Comment

i just looked at the Dr Speed site - love the description on the stage 4:

- Flexible zip-tie & bracket design. Won't crack, unlike Injen unit

Comment

Working...
                              X