custom system idea??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom system idea??

Alright, here it goes. I am thinking about integrating a 10" fosgate sub into my stock monsoon system. Im thinking about using the space between my rear bucket seats to put in a custom open box with black vinyl. An audio store down the road from me suggested a 1000:1 amp for the fosgate T2 so itll pound with the top down, running all the wires for the stock setup and installing a bass control nob next to my pedal adjuster. altogether price $2900. Don't know if it would sound good or not. Any additional ideas for the box or location would appreciated? Tell me what you think?
    2007 G6 'Vert. mods: custom short ram air intake, jet stage 2 pcm, autolite xd iridium spark plugs, 185 degree thermostat, 8.5 mm race wire, 5 and 20 window tint.

future mods: lowered (brand undecided), custom 2.5 (maybe 2.75) inch exhaust with cherry bomb extreme and thrush glasspack, MMI and STB, WAMS tune.

Re: custom system idea??

What do you mean you want to use the space between your back seats? like you want to mount a sub right in the middle of your back seat? I don't think that would be a good idea.

If you want to put a ten in you can find a good stealth box to mount in the trunk that makes it barely noticable. You can splice into your stock line and use an inline adapter to run the rca's to your amp. I would go that route...
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Honestly, 2900 is alot of money for just a 10" sub. Unless that things doesnt max till like 3000-4000 watts. I wouldnt pay that much for that. Also if you want your sub to hit hard, you would need to get rid of the stock head unit partially because after market ones put out at least 4V. If you want to keep the stock h.u i would advise you purchase a line driver which will multiply the head units voltage output. But if you want more info on this PM me because their is alot of factors to consider.

Comment

For that kind of money u could get new speaker, a headunit, a sub, and the whole nine yards. The only reason he wants it between the seats is because he has a vert
        8000k hids, interior paint, tint 35 front/ 20 back, tinted tails with pontiac symbol, blacked out headlights with black eyelids, red grille lights, racing stripes, interior neons, 2- OZaudio 10 in subs, 1800 watt kenwood amp, 17in XXR-001, intake, custom exhaust, painted engine cover

Comment

Originally posted by Tapout View Post
          For that kind of money u could get new speaker, a headunit, a sub, and the whole nine yards. The only reason he wants it between the seats is because he has a vert
          Even between the seats wouldnt cost that much...that $2900 price tag is high way robbery

Comment

Its $2900 with everything out the door, including the line driver, bass control knob, sub, box, vinyl, amp, wiring, laber and tax. The 2900 was a rough estimate, and the fact that i dont trust cheap labor, i want quality...They also invoiced me today with everything out the door with all discounts (military and recomendations) at 1700. And yes its because i have a vert and cant put anything in the trunk unless i get a shollow mount which would just get muffled by the top down.
            2007 G6 'Vert. mods: custom short ram air intake, jet stage 2 pcm, autolite xd iridium spark plugs, 185 degree thermostat, 8.5 mm race wire, 5 and 20 window tint.

future mods: lowered (brand undecided), custom 2.5 (maybe 2.75) inch exhaust with cherry bomb extreme and thrush glasspack, MMI and STB, WAMS tune.

Comment

Originally posted by streetnu View Post
              Its $2900 with everything out the door, including the line driver, bass control knob, sub, box, vinyl, amp, wiring, laber and tax. The 2900 was a rough estimate, and the fact that i dont trust cheap labor, i want quality...They also invoiced me today with everything out the door with all discounts (military and recomendations) at 1700. And yes its because i have a vert and cant put anything in the trunk unless i get a shollow mount which would just get muffled by the top down.
              If money isnt an option go for it but IMHO that still is too much. The sub and amp can be found for a lot cheaper than what retailers sell them for. Installation could probably be found for cheaper. Im from Cinci, we have 4 major custom shops down here. All with various prices on the same items and installation. Different places just charge different prices. Some places arent out there to rob you blind

Comment

Originally posted by ThaJoker09 View Post
                If money isnt an option go for it but IMHO that still is too much. The sub and amp can be found for a lot cheaper than what retailers sell them for. Installation could probably be found for cheaper. Im from Cinci, we have 4 major custom shops down here. All with various prices on the same items and installation. Different places just charge different prices. Some places arent out there to rob you blind
                im in san diego right now and everything is overpriced, i had a friend back in bfe, illinois who was willing to do the same for 900 with kicker instead of fosgate

Comment

im in san diego right now and everything is overpriced, i had a friend back in bfe, illinois who was willing to do the same for 900 with kicker instead of fosgate
                  How much power are you trying to push

Comment

Go to L.A. and get it done for less than that... there's a whole street (both sides) with nothing but stereo system sales/instalations. I just Googled the place... Its 11th street between Stanford Ave. and S Central Ave.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                    I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Im tfying to push as much power as possible so it will still pound with the top down. The amp is a 4 channel, 1000 watt fosgate, 10" fosgate T2.

Comment

Im tfying to push as much power as possible so it will still pound with the top down. The amp is a 4 channel, 1000 watt fosgate, 10" fosgate T2.
                        So you have the amp and sub already

Comment

Question tho. Why are you running a 4 channel amp to one subwoofer? The only reason for doing this is if you plan on doing aftermarket speakers but in order to push the woofer you would be using all four channels, and have none left for your speakers, or you are getting the 4 channel for the less power it draws, but that's not a very good reason. I would recommend getting a monoblock amp running say 500 watts and one 10" subs to handle that power range. I have a JL Audio amp I can sell you for cheap..
                          sigpic
                          MY PROGRESSION:
                          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

the reason for the 4 way is so I can run the stock speakers from the monsoon system, and the sub but keep some of the kick from the stock speakers and control the bass seperatly. and the sub isnt going to be fully enclosed. but I'm open for suggestions though.

Comment

3000 dollars for a sub and amp with factory deck. sounds like the dumbest idea since the intake turbo..... my head unit, sub, amp, and box cost like 1400 and i massed those parts over the years and have traded/sold up. no WAY would i ever spend 3k on JUST a sub and amp. (my deck was 850 of my 1400)
                              sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
                              X