This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the map lights

I have a question about the map lights located in the upper front of the headliner.

I can not get mine to cut on individually when the car is parked. Is this normal? Sometimes when my cell phone is ringing and the conversation will talke a long time, I like to pull over and park the car to where I am not distracted while driving. Sometimes, I have to get out pad and pen and write something down and I am used to on my last car just cutting on the map lights to have light to see.

I do not know if mine do not cut on individually or not. I can get them to work when I leave the car and lock it and the 'security lighting' fades out.

#####

Also on a side note, beside the map lights heading towards the rear of the car is a rectangular box with slots for a half inch hole. Does this box open? I was thinking that this was one of those boxes that held the garage door opener that you can press on it and would activate the remote. Maybe I am wrong again or is this where the sensor for the remote is located at?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

Take some pictures, my car doesn't have any little box thing, Do you have the moonroof/sunroof? Could be a bunch of things . . . I know that when the dome light is on both of the map lights go on.
    ~ Nick
    ----------------
    2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
    Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

yeah pics, not sure about the little box thing your talking about either.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Can't you just push up on the maplights to get them to work?! Thats all I do in mine. Also the switch on the dome light if turned to always on should have the maplights come on as well (mine does at least). The box thing, I'm confused on that as well?
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I fyou look up at eh headliner by the map lights, towards the back of the whole unit, you'll see a little circle.. looks like a speaker grill... that is for Onstar where the microphone is placed if you have it. SO, no.. it does not open to store anything, although I wish it did.

PIC

Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

mine do the same thing.. they also flicker 99% of the time.. i took it back to the dealer and they ordered me a new dome light and map lights..
            Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

The explanation for the box explains everything. I could not find anything in the owners manual about it.

#####

In reference to the map lights, they only work when the dome light is energized by opening the door or cutting on the dome light switch to the always on position. I can not get them to come on individually

Comment

You are pushing ont he light to make it "pop" right??

If so.. they's busted. Have GM fix it.
                Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I'd say its a problem with the switches for the lights then-if they turn on with the other lights but no individually. Take it in to the dealer and have them replace the switches and hopefully you should be good to go.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                  X