Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about 5 channel to stock monsoon radio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about 5 channel to stock monsoon radio.

So i've been out of the car audio loop too long, What all would I need to do to run a 5 channel amp off of my stock monsoon radio? I would like to upgrade to Infinity kappa 60.9cs components, Infinity Kappy 693.9I 3 way 6x9's, Infinity Kappa Five amp, and a Infinity Kappy 100.9W 10" sub.
    2009 Ford Mustang Premium Pony 4.0L
    2001 GMC Sierra SL 4.3L

Re: Question about 5 channel to stock monsoon radio.

For any aftermarket amp you want to add to your system you will need an inline adapter which will be spiced into your speaker wires, this will convert it to rca's so you can run that to your amp. You will also need to splice the remote wire from your amp into your ignition that way when you start the car it will also turn the amp on. Then just run your power and ground like usual. I have a 4 channel amp for sale if you wanna check that out.
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

you could also try and find an amp with high level inputs, that way no line out converters are needed. There are also some amps that can sense power coming into them, so no remote wire needed either. I dont know of any off hand, i havent done much looking into amps recently, but they definitely are out there. Just look around.

but if you do want to stick with that amp, you will need a 4 channel line out converter, a mono line out convertor and a remote wire.
      Last edited by Dmanj; 05-19-2011, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmanj View Post
        you could also try and find an amp with high level inputs, that way no line out converters are needed. There are also some amps that can sense power coming into them, so no remote wire needed either. I dont know of any off hand, i havent done much looking into amps recently, but they definitely are out there. Just look around.

but if you do want to stick with that amp, you will need a 4 channel line out converter, a mono line out convertor and a remote wire.
        either way if you use high or low level inputs you will have to spice the factory wire.
        sigpic
        MY PROGRESSION:
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Working...
        X