LED Interior Light Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Interior Light Change

I was wondering from the people who have tried different LEDs/Halogen bulbs on the interior and the LP bulb, which have work best?
    I'm looking to replace the dinky factory bulbs with white LEDs but i dont want to lose the auto dim feature. I was wondering if i could start this thread to clear up the past few posts. What is the bulb sizes and possible suggestions you all have tried.
    2006 G6 GTP 6speed--Wideview Prime HIDs, Custom Tint, Stage4 CAI, and Geniune GM warrenty work!

leds work nicely in my opinion. you wont lose the autodim feature but the lights wont dim as nicely/smoothly as the regular bulbs do but leds are brighter than colored bulbs. Leds also stay slightly lit (if you have your light set to door mode) but they are only really noticable at night. They dont really bother me that much so I dont worry about it. However, I have seen other threads on this forum discussing a resistor you can put in there to make the light shut off completely but I dont know what kind or anything. Perhaps someone here can help with that.

Comment

Yes this is also one of my questions, What LED bulbs for interior have people been ordering and liking that have resistors on them so that they turn off completely?
      2006 G6 GTP 6speed--Wideview Prime HIDs, Custom Tint, Stage4 CAI, and Geniune GM warrenty work!

Comment

Originally posted by Aleo8104
        Yes this is also one of my questions, What LED bulbs for interior have people been ordering and liking that have resistors on them so that they turn off completely?
        I used a 3 mm led u can order from superbrightleds.com and the resistor i used is a metal oxide resistor which is 20k it has +/-0.5% tolerance.For example a 20k resistor with a tolerance of ±0.5% will have a value within 0.5% of 20000, between 20000- 10000 = 10000 and 20000 + 10000= 30000.I imagine there would be a way to dim the led till it goes all the way out you will just have to play around with different resistors.

Comment

Here is a pic of the leds i used.

Led and resistor:
          http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o96/ ... titled.jpg

Comment

Another easier thing to try is go to auto zone and pick up some normal bulbs.. I got Red ones and they work great up front.. the only problem is they didn't carry the right dome light so i got one that was close.. It's fine but it burns to hot (not that anything melted) but just the fact that after time the red color on the bulb deminishes to a whiti-ish red color but I am fine with it cause i only use the front ones anyway.

Comment

also look on Ebay for LED's I bought all my interior LED's in red off ebay for pretty cheap. They are all multi led bulbs and I love them!
              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
              X