Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Pioneer AVH P3300BT

hey guys
    i'm trying to install a Pioneer double din head unit, AVH P3300BT, in my G6 with factory Monsoon stereo. I'm using the Scosche GM13sr harness to bypass the DIC. Its giving me power and all but there is no sound. Nothing, not a hiss or hum or anything. Any ideas, did I miss anything?

thanks in advance

Re: Problems with Pioneer AVH P3300BT

did you hook up the remote wire?

Comment

I could help you out, but I need year model, and whether you have onstar or not.
      sigpic
      MY PROGRESSION:
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

thanks for responding guys

i'm pretty sure the remote wire is hooked up, it goes to the harness right?

my car is an 06 GT without OnStar.

Comment

I got it figured out. Turns out with the factory Monsoon system, and the Scosche harness, you need to leave the RCA jacks connected to the harness. And more importantly, the remote wire needs to be tied into the pink wire from the factory harness, this turns the amp on.

Comment

did all your chimes work with this harness (you have monsoon and no onstar, just like me)
            -Paul- 2006- G6 GTP Coupe- Crimson Red- 18" Wheels- 6*Spd Manual

Comment

Help. Just got my unit install and it only worked for 2 hours. All connections and fuses are good. All it does now is lights up the buttons and you hear the motor run for 2 seconds then shuts off. Ideas anyone?
              Robert

Comment

probably just a defective unit. take it back

Comment

Originally posted by ray of the dead View Post
                  I got it figured out. Turns out with the factory Monsoon system, and the Scosche harness, you need to leave the RCA jacks connected to the harness. And more importantly, the remote wire needs to be tied into the pink wire from the factory harness, this turns the amp on.
                  can you elaborate on the RCA jacks? did you take pictures? What do you mean, connect the RCAs from the harness to the RCA's on the stereo harness? There are no RCA's coming out of the car right?
                  -Paul- 2006- G6 GTP Coupe- Crimson Red- 18" Wheels- 6*Spd Manual

Comment

Working...
                  X