Hail Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hail Damage

Poor baby got hailed on for a good few minutes from golf ball sized hail while I was on my drive back from my girl's place. About 8 dents in total all over the top, hood, trunk, and fender of the car and may have cracked my AIT front bumper. I'm going to get an estimate sometime soon and hopefully it won't cost too much. I was saving for a nice pair of tires too...

I don't have pictures yet, but you can only see them in certain light so it wouldn't express the damage it took. I might be able to get the front bumper though.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Re: Hail Damage

Doesn't insurance cover stuff like that?
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Yeah, it does, but it's tricky. The damage is only like 10 or so dents so it might not even be worth claiming and have it done outside the insurance because my deductible is $500. Of course, if the estimate is more than say $600 then I will claim it.
      2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,

sigpic

Comment

Yeah sorry to hear that, i have a low deductable just for that reason, so good luck.
        sigpic
        MY PROGRESSION:

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

not sure about your insurance but mine doesn't have a deductible for things like that because it wasn't like a moving accident. "act of nature" or something crazy like that would cover it under comprehensive ins.
          -Tim
          2013 Chrysler 300 S V6 8spd auto
          2009 G6 GT Sedan - Brothers ride
          2008 G6 GXP Sedan - Sold @ 51k
          -5% Tint all around
          -Bridgestone Potenza RE760 245/45/18's
          -Racingline STB
          -Eibach Springs
          2006 G6 GTP Coupe - SOLD @ 70k
          2005 G6 GT Sedan - SOLD @ 99k

Comment

Originally posted by timweb View Post
            not sure about your insurance but mine doesn't have a deductible for things like that because it wasn't like a moving accident. "act of nature" or something crazy like that would cover it under comprehensive ins.
            That's why I plan on calling my agent tomorrow so I can see what my options are. I can be the safest driver in the world yet there is nothing I can do about acts of nature.
            2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

hittin a deer is an act of nature too...you still need to pay the dedictable but ur rates wont go up...sucks but thats how my insurance works

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

I have AAA and when my previous car was hit with hail ( windshield broken, 6-8 good size spots ) they covered it without asking any questions or asking for a deductible ( I have a 250 ded ). Hope it works out cheap for ya!
                Semper Fi - David Hall - 2009 Pontiac G6 GT Blue 4-Door

Performance: CRABS 03 and FPU, Resonator Delete, RL Strut Tower Bar

Appearance: Debadged - Window Tint 35% front 18% back - Emblem Overlays - Door Sill Overlays

Comment

Long story short my deductible was raised to $1000 dollars so it would just be best if I pay it out of pocket. They are all paintless dents so it shouldn't cost too much, but it's still a shame. Now I gotta find some dent repair shops. Anyone have experience with them they would like to share? Is it okay to go cheap on a service like that? Would I rather go to a dent repair shop or a body shop?
                  2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssul View Post
                    Long story short my deductible was raised to $1000 dollars so it would just be best if I pay it out of pocket. They are all paintless dents so it shouldn't cost too much, but it's still a shame. Now I gotta find some dent repair shops. Anyone have experience with them they would like to share? Is it okay to go cheap on a service like that? Would I rather go to a dent repair shop or a body shop?
                    Ehh I don't know about going cheap but if you get the right guy i've heard great things. My grandpa had a cyclist pull out in front of him and had a huge dent in the side of his GTO, there was a guy that he called came to his house and repaired it in his garage. I think it was like 200 bucks but you could never tell that it was even hit.
                    sigpic
                    MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

I'm not going to resort to craigslist, but I would like to find the best deal in town. There are two dent removal business locally so I might hit them up.
                      2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X