0-60 Finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-60 Finally!

Finally got a hold of a camera. Sorry its kinda crappy as far as recording but this is my first one so bare with me. Also, my friend was in the car with me and hes bout 200 lbs of drag, lol.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/ ... an0-60.flv
    2007 G5 Base Model
    Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Quicker than I thought. Good deal
    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

That 4cyl ecotech almost looks like a better choose of engine in a GT then the 3500

I know the 06 GT 4dr 3500 I test drove (given it did have 7miles on it) was slow as balls and couldnt get out of its own way on a high way merge. It look amost like 0-60 in 8ish sec range!
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I had the first 2.2 ecotec in my 03 Cavalier sport and I have to say they are strong engines. I was into boost a lot with the ecotec's and there were people running over 10pounds easily with proper tuning and thats it. Freakin engines are bulletproof. That was before they even had the VVT for them.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

:smoke:

Yea, but remember I shaved about 100 lbs off the beast so that helps. Robs fat ass didn't lol. Yea, its around 8 second range to 60. *Sigh* the turbo will help that very much. I need to get an intake and a better resonator than the stock one. My engine sounds so pissed at me above 5k rpm.

But thanks for the positive comments!
          2007 G5 Base Model
          Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

^ Yea, that is true about the 5K rev. When I read alot of the original revews of the Solstice 2.4L, I heard alot of "compalints" to generate the full 174 HP (or what the peak HP) at the higher RPMs like 5k up the motor gets real "shaky" for some reason. The 2.4L def doesnt like getting reved

After thinking about it for awhile, I think if you turbo that motor you are going to have one very mean 6er thats equal or beter then the GTP!

I think persoanlly the next GTP/GXP should be a AWD ecotech motor worked on like the solstice GXP slaming out around 300 HP and torque. Sort of like the RWD Buick Grand Nationals use to be with the 3.8L (before it was desinated the 3800) turbo charged which in 87 put out like 285 HP and 300 LBS torque, that would be MEAN!

2013 Mustang GT
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

235 hp 345 Ft lbs :smoke: the 87 GNX is is my dream car. Dude an AWD Turbo 2.4L Ecotec would be SIC! And it would most likely shoot down all of those WRX's buzzin around Schaumburg. :-D

It is strange, a DOHC VVT engine that doesn't like to be revved. Maybe due to the balance shafts on the new Ecotec. They say their better for reducing engine shake, but we all know that robs horsepower. These engines pull like a turbo would, it kinda swells at 3k and pulls hard 3k-5k. It has NO torque though, lol I would need a fast spooling turbo, somethin real small but boosts fast and hard.
              2007 G5 Base Model
              Black 5 Speed

Comment

Not bad! And your car doesn't sound "ricer" either.

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                  They cleaned my thing out
                  g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
                  2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
                    Not bad! And your car doesn't sound "ricer" either.

Thanks! It sounds even LESS like a ricer in person :P . Im going to do another one sometime this week, at night so you can see it better and with just me in the car.

I gotta be honest I can tell that half you guys here didn't think it would hit 60 that fast, am I right? I didn't think it was gonna be this zippy either, and man am I glad I didn't shell out an extra 3-4 grand for the V6. Though I do wish I had leather and keyless entry
                    2007 G5 Base Model
                    Black 5 Speed

Comment

If you could make a 4cly sound like a mussle car........ i'll be a 4cly turbo charge and turbo person ALL the way

Your right, I have a hard time justifying getting the 3500, rather have the 2.4L then the 3500. Just GM sockes you with little to no options with the 4cly. And I have no clue why either. Surprisingly not everyone is about power and speed Why cant someone get a leather interor, keyless enty, remote start, auto climate control in a gas effecent car? THATS whats wrong with American car companies......

2013 Mustang GT
                      Brembo brake package
                      420 HP 5.0L
                      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Aint that the truth. You can get a fully LOADED Honda Accord, with a 4 cylinder. Not a g6 . I honestly dont know why they didnt just cram the 2.2L Ecotec under the hood of these beasts, they did it with the Malibus! (not that Im complaining)
                        2007 G5 Base Model
                        Black 5 Speed

Comment

I have a 2.4 L ecotec and I paid like 500 extra bucks and I got a keyless entry, remote start, security system and that cool keyfab with the screen all through the manufactuer. They had it done at a local place but I guess its all covered under the warranty.. But for 500 bucks I suppouse you could go get a viper with all that, thats got the same coverage. I would have enjoyed leather tho!
                          2006 Cobalt SS supercharged
                          Same cobra radar. lol

Comment

sweeeet.....Now who is that!!!
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                              sweeeet.....Now who is that!!!
                              Holy shit!!

That's your girl with the TA???

I hate you..

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                              - DS S3 Intake
                              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Working...
                              X