Help deciding how to run system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help deciding how to run system.

I currently have upgraded pioneer TS-G1314r speakers in the front. They are 4 ohm speakers. I was thinking of getting infinity kappa 6x9s for the back which I believe are 2 ohm. My question here is I want to get an amp to power these and I am not sure how I would go about this. Would I have to get separate amps for these since the ohm are different or could I run one 4 channel amp for these? Thanks.
    Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:
    Lowering springs or coilovers.

Re: Help deciding how to run system.

Pay attention to the ratings on the amp. The ohms aren't something that is pushed out by the amp it is the amount of current that the speakers are drawing. Say you buy a 2 channel amp that will put out 200 watts on each channel @ 4 ohms, or 400 watts on each channel @ 2 ohms. Assuming your speakers can handle this amount of power your front speaker will get 200 watts each and you rear speaker will get 400 watts. Now as to whether any amp can handle running at 2 different ohm rates is another story. I wouldn't think that they would so just to be safe I would get the rear deck speakers to run at 4 ohms also, many speaker manufacturers make models for 2 and 4 ohms...
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Ok thats what I thought about. Getting speakers that are the same ohm level, just wanted reassurance. I understood the part about how much each speaker can handle I have been looking at that. I just wasn't sure about the amp running to speakers at two diff levels. Thanks for the help.
      Current mods:

Tinted tails, 5% tint all around with windshield strip, blacked door chrome, debadged, custom "Pontiac" on trunk, 55w HID 6000k, red interior trim, intake resonator delete, black 18" Malibu LTZ rims with Michelin 225/45 18, white map and dome LEDs, Racingline STB, red painted brake calipers.

To come:
      Lowering springs or coilovers.

Comment

Yeah I don't think it can, but hey i'm not an audio expert. Call crutchfield and they'll help you out
        sigpic
        MY PROGRESSION:
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Working...
        X