Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this antenna port on the back of the factory 6 disc unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this antenna port on the back of the factory 6 disc unit?

I was looking at getting the harman kardon drive + play and i wanted to use the wired FM modulator so i just need to know if the antenna port shown here: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hgxIYMy...display=XL#Tab is on the back of the factory 6 disc head unit. If so, is there a step by step to removing the factory head unit? Thanks

Ty
    2006 Black on Black G6 GTP Sedan
    ***Fully Loaded***

If not I would imagine you might just need the adapter to decrease the size of the connections.. either way it should work
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

does anyone know for sure? Thanks
      ***Fully Loaded***

Comment

Since it's built into the unit, it will be on the back. Very unlikely it wouldn't be, very.

Comment

The antenna connection is in the rear of the head unit.

You need 2 adapters to use aftermarket equipment with the G6. You need a GM mini female to Universal male adapter, and a universal female to GM mini male adapter. Metra part numbers are 40-GM20 and 40-GM10. Crutchfield almost always throws them in for free if you buy from them...
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish
            The antenna connection is in the rear of the head unit.

You need 2 adapters to use aftermarket equipment with the G6. You need a GM mini female to Universal male adapter, and a universal female to GM mini male adapter. Metra part numbers are 40-GM20 and 40-GM10. Crutchfield almost always throws them in for free if you buy from them...
            Is the reason for both adapters so one will plug into the back of the unit to make it a motorola connection and then one will plug into the factory antenna wire to make that a full size motorola connection? At first i was confused to why i needed two but then i realized that there is an antenna already plugged into the head unit...duh. Thanks for the help

Also, is there a step by step to getting the head unit out if i did decide to put the modulator in. Thanks for all of the help
            ***Fully Loaded***

Comment

Dunno if there's a step-by-step up here yet...

but I'm planning to do the removal myself this coming week for some projects...i'll take pics and do a writeup...
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

very interested in the pics and write up

I'd be very interested to see the write up and pics...so hurry up

Comment

I'm tentatively slated for this project/writeup tomorrow, so as long as I can get my butt outta bed on time, you'll have your writeup tomorrow night! =)
                  2009 PONTIAC G8
                  MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I'm tentatively slated for this project/writeup tomorrow, so as long as I can get my butt outta bed on time, you'll have your writeup tomorrow night! =)
                    sounds good, i look forward to the write up
                    ***Fully Loaded***

Comment

well here's the back of the 6-disk monsoon deck.

The stock antenna is similar to the one in that picture, but it makes a 90-degree angle before plugging into the deck.
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

sorry for the delay guys.

i did this project yesterday, i'm running out now for errands but will do the writeup later this afternoon!
                        2009 PONTIAC G8
                        MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

sorry for the delay guys.

i did this project yesterday, i'm running out now for errands but will do the writeup later this afternoon!
                          Just checking to see if your getting close to posting a write up, thanks a lot

Also on a different note, i was looking at the adapters i need on ebay which are the 40-gm10 and 40-gm20. Well im trying to buy from the same seller and he doesnt have the 40-gm10 but he said that he has a 40-gm12 which is the same just shorter cable. Can anyone confirm this and is it possible to just pick these up at best buy or circuit city?

Ty
                          ***Fully Loaded***

Comment

You can absolutely get them at best buy or circuit city...

The 40-GM12 looks like this:

Never seen one in person before, but it *could* work. Can't say for sure though.

As to the writeup, yeah, sorry, totally dropped the ball, but i'll have it tomorrow,i swear!!!
                            2009 PONTIAC G8
                            MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Sorry for the delay, the writeup on ripping out the center stack trim and/or radio is FINALLY DONE!!!

Link: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/view ... 826#113826
                              2009 PONTIAC G8
                              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Working...
                              X