Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO INSTALL AT 2010 G6 RADIO IN OLDER MODELS

First you will need this harness

GM Car Radio Harness plugs into the factory radio Price METRA 71-2104 - HARNESS - GM - -PONTIAC SATURN

Once you have the harness, remove your old radio. JUST SO YOU KNOW, i cut the 2006 wire harness completely off to do this, if this is something you don't want to do, there are harnesses u can buy that plug directly into a 06-08 harness.

(like this one)

After you have decided what route you want to go, its as easy as wiring the correct wires together, the harness for the 2010 g6 radio that you ordered comes with a slip of paper to tell you what wires do what. now all u need to do is find the wiring diagram for the 2006 g6. i did a simple google search to find this.

the next step is to wire the correct wires together, i used simple butt shrink connectors, they did the job great!

(don't forget to wire the databus wires up to the new radio!)

once all this is complete go ahead and plug in the radio! wham bam thank you mam you have the 2010 radio! now, you are going to have to get the new Speedometer to get DIC back but that is the same harness so u just might need to do a reprogram on your BCM, but ill confirm all that this next week when i get it ups!

Re: HOW TO INSTALL AT 2010 G6 RADIO IN OLDER MODELS

Sweet! Look forward to more updates!

Current Mods
    -------------
    G6 Black on Red Mats
    Tint: Front 20%/Rear 15%
    Raptor H.I.D. kit 5000k Fogs
    Raptor H.I.D. kit 4500k Lows
    Interior red L.E.D.
    1000W Speaker & Amp
    Crabs Option 3
    Painted Calipers Red
    Dual Custom Exhaust
    Halo Angel Eyes

Upcoming Mods
    ---------------
    Need Ideas

Comment

How did this work in the end? Did you need to go to your dealer to have it coded for you? Did you lose and functionality? Can you share any pictures?

I really want to do this, just want to make sure it will work before ripping the dash apart, the 2010 radio is really nice looking.

Comment

if i was getting a new radio, i sure wouldn't be getting a not-too-great new oem radio and still have to go buy a dic unit.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Originally posted by zlatsky View Post
          if i was getting a new radio, i sure wouldn't be getting a not-too-great new oem radio and still have to go buy a dic unit.
          If you swap out the factory radio for a non factory radio, how do you get at the trip computer, oil life/reset, mpg calculator, light/door lock settings and such, and aftermarket "best buy" radio wont do those things for you...? Or do you just give up those functions?

Comment

Originally posted by goufcustom View Post
            If you swap out the factory radio for a non factory radio, how do you get at the trip computer, oil life/reset, mpg calculator, light/door lock settings and such, and aftermarket "best buy" radio wont do those things for you...? Or do you just give up those functions?
            Google "Metra DIC". IIRC the model the G6 uses is the 99-3303.
            With the aftermarket DIC you retain most if not all of the info/settings that was shown on the factory radio. It works perfect with a single din radio, but can also be mounted in the glove box (with wires being extended) if you use a double din radio.
            Last edited by BORN2SKI; 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM. Reason: corrected dic model number

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

^^^ This ^^^

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I had not idea about the Metra DIC... makes sense.

Comment

@bolewonder2010 ; i see in your pictures that you changed out your A/C controls as well as the stereo. Did you have to change those as well or can you leave the old controls in? Forgive me as I'm a beginner at these kinds of things and the forum but I'm wanting to do basically the same modifications to my 2007 G6 Sedan. I want to install the 2010 stereo first and then probably the a/c controls too because they old ones kinda look tacky.

Comment

Working...
                  X