Spare tire bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare tire bolt

Just purchased a new 12" kicked sub for my '06 GTP convertible. Seeing as how the top slides into the trunk when it's down, the only possible place to put a sub would be in the spare tire well. My friend took some measurements for a box, however the bolt that originally used to hold in the spare tire is cramping our space. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove that bolt? (preferrably without breaking anything). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Spare tire bolt

Originally posted by billdog20 View Post
    Just purchased a new 12" kicked sub for my '06 GTP convertible. Seeing as how the top slides into the trunk when it's down, the only possible place to put a sub would be in the spare tire well. My friend took some measurements for a box, however the bolt that originally used to hold in the spare tire is cramping our space. Does anyone know if there is a way to remove that bolt? (preferrably without breaking anything). Any help is greatly appreciated!
    if its like the sedan and coupe you just need to take a hammer and hit it near the base hitting towards the front of the car, and it will come out of a slot into a bigger hole in the bracket where you can just pull it out

Comment

Working...
    X