I'm in love!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in love!

So yesterday I got the opportunity to take a 2002 WS-6 Trans Am for a spin. This car got dynoed on the same day that I did mine and it dynoed at 312RWHP. Compare that to my 216FWHP and you can imagine the difference in acceleration.

I was on the QEW (a freeway for my American friends) doing about 120km/h and pulled up beside a van. The driver looked over in awe and then I floored it and shot it up to about 155km/h (a bit shy of 100mph) in a matter of about 2 seconds. It was unreal!

My money is now being banked so that I can buy one of these.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Eh, I beat a stock one with my F-150!

I've never been to impressed with them...

but I'm sure when their modded they can be quite fun!
    Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

So you were driving an F150 Lightning? Or did you not notice that the car you were racing was a v6?

edit: Just checked the specs on your truck. I still think you were racing against a v6 firebird.

This Trans Am has only a K&N filter, and is otherwise stock.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I have always thought the firebird was a nice car, the only thing I can't wrap my head around it they (camaro too) look like they have an excess of sheet metal, like there is more body than needed.
        BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
        ^ The Man
        v The Legend

Comment

That version of the Firebird, in my opinion, is so typical of Pontiacs of that era. Tacky boy-racer wings and vents and flares....I loved the look when I was 18, but not so much any more.

Comment

One of my co-workers had the same car in a vert that I was looking at buying for a second 'toy' car. I borrowed it for a weekend test drive. You are right about one thing...it is a pretty fast car, and it sounds great when you stomp it. Straight-line acceleration...pure joy.
            However the main reason I didn't buy it...the damn thing didn't turn or handle for shit. I mean it took a LOT of effort to turn the wheel, and when you were trying to do some quick manuevers, it took both hands and a ton of concentration to keep it from slamming a curb. Talk about Pontiac Excitement!!!
            SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
            Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
            CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
            Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

It does have tight steering, I'll give you that. The thing is, along with that tight steering, it also puts out some pretty amazing numbers on the skid pad.

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful car. You should try to find the Firehawk model, I think it has a bit more horsepower. I'd love to have one of those one day. There's only one thing wrong with the Trans Am though...the exhaust tips are tinnnyyy!!! There should be two rectangular shaped tips to fill in those gaps in the rear bumper.
                -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                  So you were driving an F150 Lightning? Or did you not notice that the car you were racing was a v6?

edit: Just checked the specs on your truck. I still think you were racing against a v6 firebird.

This Trans Am has only a K&N filter, and is otherwise stock.
                  I got the 5.4L V8... It very well coulda been a v6 but I still don't like the trans/firebirds nor same generation camaros b/c of the awful way they drive as well as crappy traction.
                  Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

My neighbour has a Red formula with yellow accents (decals , calipers etc.)

:smoke: so sexy.
                    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

Originally posted by MalibuMaxx
                      but I still don't like the trans/firebirds nor same generation camaros b/c of the awful way they drive as well as crappy traction.
                      Meh. To each his own I guess. The Trans Am drives a lot better than my G6. The only slight complaint I might have would be in the extremely tight steering wheel.

sigpic

Comment

Now see Tom, i thought you would have some pics of a really hot chick.... But no, it had to be a car But i must admit, the Fire Chickens are a great car to play around in Fun to drive for sure!
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Seeing that this is my car and I was in it for the fun run I should tell what eles happened, All I can say is that Tom has now been to heaven, good thing I have leather seats.

Something he also likes to do is rub my car, the finish on it is as smooth as glass

Somebody else can ask him about the frim grip he had with both hands on the wing on tuesday night while the car was runnung to warming up because it was covered in frost, (3 witnesses)

I know he's gonna kill me now for this but it was worth it, cars going into storage soon anyways
                          Last of the Breed 2002 WS6

Originally posted by ratskat
                          What you aren't coming? Hmmmph

Comment

I will tell you that there is no freakin way a non lightning f150 would be able to destroy an ls1 camaro or trans am. I have driven many and they are all strong. My dad has had a couple dif ta's and an SS. Holly shit they are fast and they are like that in stock form. People will take their stock f bodys in and dyno and get more to the wheels than the car was advertised. Match that up with the hurst shifter/ 6 speed and you have some good times too. That is if you can drive. I love em and have only one complaint and thats the crappy back seats.
                            Originally posted by Nikki
                            You are an e-pimp.
                            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            I tried too, my penis way too big
                            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                              I will tell you that there is no freakin way a non lightning f150 would be able to destroy an ls1 camaro or trans am. I have driven many and they are all strong. My dad has had a couple dif ta's and an SS. Holly shit they are fast and they are like that in stock form. People will take their stock f bodys in and dyno and get more to the wheels than the car was advertised. Match that up with the hurst shifter/ 6 speed and you have some good times too. That is if you can drive. I love em and have only one complaint and thats the crappy back seats.
                              +1

Even a stock L is only good for a mid to high 13sec 1/4 mile.

CMR tuned Predator by RDP ,Borla 125 cat-back,AEM Brute Force CAB,KW V1s Coilovers,Hotchkis Swaybars

Comment

Working...
                              X