Help with Pioneer AVH-2300DVD parking brake lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Pioneer AVH-2300DVD parking brake lead

I installed a Pioneer double din dvd head unit and I also relocated the DIC with the metra kit. No problems there, lots of good info on here.

The head unit has a safety feature so if the parking brake is not on you can't watch movies, for obvious reasons. I want to put a movie on for my son when he's in the back. It seems it would be pretty easy to trick it into thinking it was connected to the parking brake when it's not but I don't want to fry anything. Anyone done it?

I was thinking maybe another circuit that stays on when driving like maybe headlights? Or am I way off?

07 Pontiac G6 3.5 . CRAB Intake, Resonator Delete, Lavishwood Dash kit, Debadged, Painted calipers (Black), Drilled/Slotted rotors w/ceramic pads, Pioneer AVH-2300DVD with Metra Turbo2 Kit

-Coming Soon: Black Rims, %30 Tint

Re: Help with Pioneer AVH-2300DVD parking brake lead

Originally posted by Ruh-row View Post
    I installed a Pioneer double din dvd head unit and I also relocated the DIC with the metra kit. No problems there, lots of good info on here.

The head unit has a safety feature so if the parking brake is not on you can't watch movies, for obvious reasons. I want to put a movie on for my son when he's in the back. It seems it would be pretty easy to trick it into thinking it was connected to the parking brake when it's not but I don't want to fry anything. Anyone done it?

I was thinking maybe another circuit that stays on when driving like maybe headlights? Or am I way off?
    I wouldn't try to wire it into another circuit. Search Ebay. they make bypasses for these. I refused to wire my Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD into my parking brake so I bourght a harness to bypass it. Best thing I ever did.
    sigpic
    MY PROGRESSION:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Originally posted by Neatong6er View Post
      I wouldn't try to wire it into another circuit. Search Ebay. they make bypasses for these. I refused to wire my Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD into my parking brake so I bourght a harness to bypass it. Best thing I ever did.
      Here you go sir. For ten bucks you can't lose...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-VIDEO-BR...item230f97e2ab
      sigpic
      MY PROGRESSION:

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Wow, I had no idea it was that easy.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar

07 Pontiac G6 3.5 . CRAB Intake, Resonator Delete, Lavishwood Dash kit, Debadged, Painted calipers (Black), Drilled/Slotted rotors w/ceramic pads, Pioneer AVH-2300DVD with Metra Turbo2 Kit

Comment

All you have to do is ground out the wire that goes to the E brake...
          2012 AWD Fusion Sport...
          Steeda springs, Steeda STB, Steeda Motor mount, Steeda Intake, Steeda 93/100 octain tune, Steeda TB spacer, Magnaflow catback, 19x8.5 mustang GT wheels painted body color, 5% and 35% TINT, upper and lower 6,000k HID's, Steeda Hood struts, and tinted tails, and much more...http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3974935/2012-ford-fusion/

Comment

Originally posted by LB2 View Post
            All you have to do is ground out the wire that goes to the E brake...
            On some you have to show it +. Test - first if that dont work then its +
            sigpic

Comment

yeah nati is right. That is what the thing I showed you on ebay is for...that's the reason for the relay..
              sigpic
              MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

There still is no point to buy the relay. When you hook the radio up you take the pink(or purple wire) and first touch it to the ground you use for the radio(black wire) if that doesnt work then you touch it to the positive(red wire). Which ever one works you just leave it connected
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nati View Post
                  There still is no point to buy the relay. When you hook the radio up you take the pink(or purple wire) and first touch it to the ground you use for the radio(black wire) if that doesnt work then you touch it to the positive(red wire). Which ever one works you just leave it connected

You can't do that. When You start The car powered goes to The lead to The test then isn't shown power again until You use The brake. There fore You have to show it power, ground, and then power For The dvd to work. Which is The reason For The relay. Ive also seen people wire in switches that they turn on and off For The dvd to work but For ten bucks I would just stick with something that does it automatically.
                  sigpic
                  MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

For $10 it 's a no brainer. I ordered it last night.

When I got to work this morning I turned the car off, took the keys out, and when I opened the door the radio didn't shut off and the DIC wouldn't turn on. What the hell...well I guess I can check my wiring when I put the relay in (and the back up camera that I don't need but uh... back up camera? Yes Please!), but I know I don't have any wires crossed. I spent 2 hrs making the wires long enough to go to the console and I checked it twice.

Comment

^exactly, I have a similiar brake bypass on my P3100DVD Pioneer and it works like a charm. The stupid blue screen disclaimer still comes up on some movies but you just hit OK and it goes away at the start of the movie.
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963 View Post
                        ^exactly, I have a similiar brake bypass on my P3100DVD Pioneer and it works like a charm. The stupid blue screen disclaimer still comes up on some movies but you just hit OK and it goes away at the start of the movie.
                        yeah i get that too. I think it'll do that on all of them but who cares...
                        sigpic
                        MY PROGRESSION:

Comment

On the 4 pioneer units I have had it always worked but shit I havent had one in a few years. O well post pics of the install
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's the before..

And the after

This is temporary for the DIC till I find a more creative place to put it

Comment

I HATE that wood trim ... but everything else looks great .. I suggest the glove box or center console for the DIC ... how hard was it to relocate ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X