How to fix Key Fob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fix Key Fob

I was having problems with my key fob not working properly(not locking or having to hold the lock button for 2 minutes for it to respond). So since im cheap i came up with a 2 cent fix.

Items needed:
    Broken Key fob
    Tin foil
    Hot glue sticks and gun

First you need to open the key fob to do this take a screwdriver or pocket knife and pry it open.

Then you need to get a piece of tin foil.

You now need to cut that piece of tin foil into smaller pieces just large enough to fit into the button like the photo below

Then take the pieces of tin foil out and plug in the hot glue gun. An important tip is to put very little glue, you don't want to have a glob of glue just enough to hold the tin foil in place.

Now all you have to do is reassemble the key fob.

Re: How to fix Key Fob

Fantastic Nitro!! I just got a company van and the fob was busted, now I can lock my doors!!!! Thanks!!!
    MODSGT-R, HIDS 6000K, 8000K FOGS, 35% TINT, K&N INTAKE, CRAB HEAT SHIELD, Cquence Rotors

Comment

Would this work if i just cut 1 piece of foil to cover all the buttons?
      Exterior-AVS window and sunroof wind reducer, Dual Exhaust, Tinted tails, 35% Tint all around, DDM tuning 8k Highs & Lows.
      Interior- Red LED's
      Performance- CRAB's Option 3, Exhaust
      Coming up: MMI's, Painted Calipers, Painted Side Mirrors

Comment

Glad i can help rickygt and idk if it'll work if you just cut one large piece it might short something out, but if you do try it let us know what happens.

Comment

well..... it didnt work for me! lol Ive already ordered the keylessfix thing but this was hopefully going to help till it got here.
          Exterior-AVS window and sunroof wind reducer, Dual Exhaust, Tinted tails, 35% Tint all around, DDM tuning 8k Highs & Lows.
          Interior- Red LED's

Comment

did you try replacing the battery?

Comment

Yeah that was the first thing i did. It worked fora long time after even with the broken prongs that hols the battery. i just broke apart a cotton ball to put pressure on the battery holder to keep it in place.
              Interior- Red LED's

Comment

Originally posted by GSIX33 View Post
                Yeah that was the first thing i did. It worked fora long time after even with the broken prongs that hols the battery. i just broke apart a cotton ball to put pressure on the battery holder to keep it in place.
                Suppose to solder that back.
                2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
                GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
                Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

omg it actually worked!!! hell ya thnx man
                  Car: 2007 G6 V6 Sedan Granite Metallic

Comment

Thanks man, this worked perfectly for my 08 G6 V6 that I picked up yesterday with a broken key fob.

Comment

Thanks so much! worked perfect

Comment

Working...
                      X