Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commedore to Return (Where have I heard this before?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commedore to Return (Where have I heard this before?)

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/29/r...olet-ss-sedan/

Report: Holden Commodore coming to U.S. as Chevrolet SS sedan?

by Aaron Richardson (RSS feed) on Mar 29th 2011 at 9:57AM

2011 Holden Commodore SSV – Click above for high-res image gallery

With General Motors' cash flow back to reasonable levels, the company is re-evaluating its position on Australian-built Zeta rockets like the Holden Commodore. The last one we had on our shores was the much-lamented Pontiac G8, which was essentially a Commodore with a new set of badges.

With the success of the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro, GM has reportedly okay'd the development of a new Zeta sedan for the American market. According to reports, it's slated to debut in early 2013 as a 2014 model, concurrent with the introduction of the redesigned Holden Commodore. Particular details, such as engine size, transmission options and horsepower figures are as yet unavailable. That said, a pushrod small block in the neighborhood of 430 horsepower probably isn't too far off the mark.

The rumor gets juicier, and a tad more unbelievable, with the revelation that a sport wagon and Ute version of the car are coming as well. The ute, if it happens, will debut around the same time as the sedan, with the sport wagon arriving later in 2013.
    So this is not literally the 4th or 5th time Autoblog or some other news site has hailed the returned of the Commedore (The artist formally known as Pontiac G8 in our parts). Problem is I keep believing them, and get disapointed when nothing happens. We'll see what comes from this. Something in me says CAFE will get in the way somehow unless they unveil some version of it that's a Hybrid 6cyl or something.
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: Commedore to Return (Where have I heard this before?)

Its called a G8

Ford it capitalizing on the gap created by the absence of the G6 & G8 with their Taurus line.

I cant believe GM is so deft...

Id be calling it the Buick G6/G8 or the Chevy G6/G8 and pump them out....with the same flair that
    Ford is doing (can anyone say twin turbos?)
    Last edited by Lampoon; 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM.
    Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
    Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
    WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it, seems like every month somebody is saying that GM is bringing it back but nope

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

El Camino time !!!!
        CRABs, STBs, Uppers, Loud Noises Coming Out The Back End

Odd random pics on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001119651822

sigpic

Comment

id trade the 6 in for the ute, or a austrian-modeled car...They are so sexy!!
          2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails

Comment

if they come out with a ute over here, i'm going in debt for it. you'll all see

FS: 1 slightly used right testacle

in the sale section. hopefully this is no joke.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

dude i saw the thread title and totally thought this:

2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Originally posted by ragingfish View Post
                dude i saw the thread title and totally thought this:

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Working...
                X