This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Deflector AKA air dam

I noticed that the air dam was no longer in place on the wife's G6 the other. Not surprised, I routinely got under there and tried to attach it better, but the plastic rivets are just too loose. Going to bolt this one in. I searched on here, but no one had listed the p/n. GMPartsdirect looked it up and supplied it for me.

22717022 - its called the lower radiator deflector
    2005 EBM G6 GT

that's good to know! I scrape up mine all the time! It'll probably fall off soon

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
      that's good to know! I scrape up mine all the time! It'll probably fall off soon
      Same here

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
      - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
      - DS S3 Intake
      - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Added to the parts sticky. Thanks.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I've reattached mine 4 times
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

LOL.. seriously!! It's not as bad in this car as my old one.. cuz i try to be more careful

Comment

what are you people doing? quit pulling up on curbs

have no problem with mine..but i dont rub it either

Comment

My Probe's nose actually rose a little bit on the underside, so I could pull up nearly to the wheels over curbs. I forget sometimes.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                - DS S3 Intake
                - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

its not curbs.. its really slanted parking lot entrances and my boyfriends driveway!

Comment

its not curbs.. its really slanted parking lot entrances and my boyfriends driveway!
                    Go at an angle!

and tell your b/f to make a ramp - he'll need it for the SS probably!
                    Originally posted by colinpeddle
                    They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                    That here, by G6er law, we lie
                    Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                    THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

I'm not sure whats causing it, i rarely drive the car. I blamed it on the concrete parking bumps at her work. Either way, that thing was held on very poorly. One light tug would pull it off. The air dam on my Z28 is bolted to the body, going to have to find a way to do something similar to that on the G6
                      2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

Originally posted by carsuperfreak
                        Go at an angle!

and tell your b/f to make a ramp - he'll need it for the SS probably!

haha yeah.. I've learned to go at an angle.. after many CRUNCHES! lol.. and yeah.. my b/f has a hard time getting in his driveway too with the SS.. he even stalls it sometimes when he's trying to get up ever so slowly

Comment

Mine is gone too. Thanks for the part number!
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

What I have found is you need something that gives. Otherwise when you hit something it will tear it loose and break it. I have torn mine loose too many times to count. If it wasnt for the plastic push screws it would have torn it appart instead of just breaking it away. The way it was allowed me to fix it back easy cheesy. I think if you bolt it then that cheap bolt will not be the weak link when it breaks away.
                            If it wasnt for that lose cheap screw I would be on Dam #6.
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

WOW...all you young guys must be RAMMING IT IN TOO HARD!

Guess there is an advantage to being older and more experienced. We kinda just SLIDE IT IN REAL SLOW N EASY. :smoke:

In other words, my air dam is still a virgin.
                              SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                              Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                              CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                              Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Working...
                              X