Factory Add-on MP3 CD Changer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Add-on MP3 CD Changer...

I want to keep the stock unit and was thinking about using one of those fm transmitting cd changers so I dont have to have a huge cd holder in my car at all times as well as keep the stock interior look. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these. I tried using a fm transmitter for my ipod but it didnt work well at all. Would the cd changer be more powerful transmitting to the radio? any advice would be great.

Thanks,
    George

3600, Granite Metallic, 5600 miles, Kicker/Power Acoustic Sound

I would imagine so, I had one in a different car and NEVER had a problem with it.. but thats just me I'm sure someone will have had a problem!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

As another alternative, I read about a product similar to what you mentioned with the FM transmitter for the iPod, but this one transmits to your digital XM receiver so the quality is much better.

If you have the XM receiver in your G6, you might want to consider that route. Hopefully someone on these boards can point you to the product for which I am referring.
      -Kevin
      2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
      2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

I dont have XM radio in my car, but that could be a possibility depending on how much it costs. I'll have to do some research, but if anyone else could find something that would be great. Again more reviews on fm transmitting cd changers are welcome too.

Thanks again,
        George

Comment

Simply Red,
          Is this the thing you were talking about. Its pretty cheap.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SgBrEdcclu ... XMCK10#Tab

This could be a really good idea. I'll keep researching.

Thanks,
          George

Comment

I have this device called the VR-3 that is a FM transmitter (seven frequencies from 87.7 to 88.9 in .2 increments) that plugs into the cigarette lighter with a cable that connects to the headphone output of a MP3 player.

What makes this unit special is that it also has a USB jack that allows a person to transfer MP3's to their USB memory stick and will play the mp3 from the USB memory stick.

I bought it at Wal-Mart on closeout because it was cheap (and they promised to refund my money if not satisfied) and evidentatly, the product must have been discontinued because it's been hard to locate because my friends have seen my unit work and want it to plug in their USB memory sticks full of MP3's

Comment

I am using Griffin Road Trip FM Transmitter personally I find this one is much superior than other ones I think the bigger the unit are the better they reception they can get. Even with this I sometimes get choppy receptions especially when I pass the CN Tower. But for all major hwys pretty good!! I heard the one monster came out is pretty good but don't know that for a fact though !!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Working...
              X