G6 gtp wheels on cobalt SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 gtp wheels on cobalt SS

This is just a shot in the dark here but has anyone ever tried putting the cobalt ss s/c 18 inch wheels on a G6?

I'm wondering if the hub for the G6 is bigger or smaller then the cobalt.

I know the rims are both 18x7inch, 5x110 pattern. cobalt offset is +42 and g6 gtp offset is +40 (not much diference there)

just asking cause i bought some gtp 18's and I hope the middle part is bigger than the cobalt hub...
    Cobalt SS s/c, G85, Stage II, GM armrest

I will see pretty soon since I am trading my wheels for the gun metal rims on the ss/sc.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

hey thanks man...if you get em on before next april lemme know..
      Cobalt SS s/c, G85, Stage II, GM armrest

Comment

lol.. check it out guys:

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5376

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

have ya'll raced the two yet, to see how they compare?
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

no not yet... soooon though, real soon
            I'm sure I'll beat him off the line.. but i bet he'll just whiz right past me!

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

not if you knock him into a wall first...

trust me, I know... I play video games

Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Yeah I can easily take a cobalt ss off a dig but after there supercharger spools up he starts to gain on me some. from a roll I can get my ass handed to me pretty much he he gets like a car length ahead of me. against my friend that has heavily modified his cobalt there would never be a chance he would just go bye bye he only has the 3rd fastest cobalt lol.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Stock SS SC's are dead even with the GTP. This is from my own experience going up against at least 3 of them. I've lost twice, and won twice. It's all in the driver.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Were still pretty even but he can take me off a roll and i can take him off a dig. I also have a intake, exhaust, ecu tho so that makes a decent difference in performance.

Comment

Stock SS SC's are dead even with the GTP. This is from my own experience going up against at least 3 of them. I've lost twice, and won twice. It's all in the driver.
                      It's also the trans. 6MT has much better gearing than the 4EAT.
                      04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                      Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

^Good point.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

the tranny does make a huge difference but a even bigger factor is that they weigh about 800 pounds lighter then us coupes that combined with a blower makes all the difference and the fact that it is pretty cheap to modify doesn't help us either.

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
                            the tranny does make a huge difference but a even bigger factor is that they weigh about 800 pounds lighter then us coupes that combined with a blower makes all the difference and the fact that it is pretty cheap to modify doesn't help us either.
                            Or ~535.

A coupe GTP (I don't know which trans though even though I'll assume it is the 4EAT) weighs 3,525, and the Cobalt coupe (non listed weights per model and the SS s/c has to weigh more because of the s/c and aero package) is listed at 2,991.

If you have horse power a blower doesn't mean anything. Forced induction is a replacement for displacement. Their 1/4 times are a bit better than ours and their trap speeds are a little higher so you should lose from a dig, roll, 2nd gear, etc.
                            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by Coupe_GTP
                              I will see pretty soon since I am trading my wheels for the gun metal rims on the ss/sc.
                              are you serious?....our rims are way nicer than the cobalts...i like the fact that they're gunmetal, but i think they're an eyesore
                              -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                              Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
                              X