Winter rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter rims

I just got back from Barrie, Ontario (Canada) today, having gone there to get four winter rims and four snow tires; I suffered through the first winter last year with the original 18" rims though had the dealer change the summer only GoodYears for all-seasons but wasn't willing to tempt fate another winter.
    For those of you interested, the rims are a nice looking BBS chrome rim specifically made for the G6GTP and, despite what some people have announced, even though they are only 16", they fit perfectly and the tire dealer said they also fit Cobalt SS's.
    They are nice looking and though smaller, look okay especially with a beefy set of snows. (I got snows that are Swedish and can't remember the name.)
    In short, since BBS rims seem to be well known, if you're looking for a set of winter rims, you might want to give them a look-see.
    GTP driver
    G. Stephen Day

Comment

Barrie? Where'd you go for the rims?

Also, where abouts do you live? Check out the Canadian forum for a Toronto area meet and greet.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

You bought chrome BBS wheels as winters? Were they used, or just BBS replicas since I can't see any of us dropping $1k+ USD just for winter wheels for a G6?

Are you running Nokian tyres?
        04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
        Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Winter Rims

A brief note in reply to the queries re: my telling about buying winter rims and tires.
          First of all, I bought them at 'Revolution Wheel & Tire' in Barrie after hearing of it on this site.
          Second, I am from Kingston, Ontario.
          And third, I misspoke; the rims are merely polished not chromed and they are new. And further I couldn't find anything in the way of steel rims.
          The total package of rims, tires, balancing, taxes and installing cost $1, 450.00 (Cdn)
          Almost makes me wish for some snow (Egad, did I say that???) so I can see what the Swedes build for snow tires.
          As regards to the Toronto area meet and greet, I saw the thread but haven't read it yet.
          GTP driver
          G. Stephen Day

Comment

I had bought some 16" steelies with BFG Winter Saloms for $1000 taxes in for my GTP. Got em from the dealer.

Where is the post about Toronto meet and greet? Is there anything like that for the Ottawa area?
            2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe 3.6L V6 VVT
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594927
            CMS Lowering Springs, Nokya headlight and fog bulbs, K&N OEM Airfilter, Cquence.net Extreme Cross Rotors

Comment

I was wondering about the not being able to find anything... the dealership should have been able to order the steelies that came on the base sixer... the bolt pattern would have been the same?!?!

Edit: Wouldnt these have worked?
              Originally posted by Toyz
              Originally posted by simplyred
              what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
              As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by simplyred
                the dealership should have been able to order the steelies that came on the base sixer... the bolt pattern would have been the same?!?!
                I do believe that is what my winters are running on. My sales guy used to work in parts so he hooked me up pretty good.
                2007 Pontiac G6 GTP Coupe 3.6L V6 VVT
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594927
                CMS Lowering Springs, Nokya headlight and fog bulbs, K&N OEM Airfilter, Cquence.net Extreme Cross Rotors

Comment

Working...
                X