Pretty big Dash Project..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty big Dash Project..

So.. let say to examples sake... I have a ipod shuffle...

How would I wire it in a way .. so that I can hook up power to the device.. and audio through the speakers... and also have another aux input.. but also how would i be able to adjust things like treble and base.. considering i would be unable to do that on the devices...? so like an external knob...?

ANy type of tutorial would be nice... or supply list..

Re: Pretty big Dash Project..

google it. im sure someone has done it before in some sort of car once.

Last edited by Phenom; 03-18-2011, 12:47 PM.
    Paying someone to install parts on your car, and bragging about it being fast is like watching someone SMURF your wife, and being proud to raise the kids
    sigpic
    Progression Page
    Four Door Mafia

Forever Pontiac
    Sponsored by: Negrotis™ Racing

Comment

Well I know the basics.. But I kinda wanna make a custom dash.. where i want to have it directly hooked up to that device and also have an aux port as well.. was just wondering what exactly would i need for the metra.. and also need to hook up the audio... like a shopping list... and where exactly all the wires would be... etc...

I mean i have a big plan.. that includes a tablet of some sort... And I'm making it into a custom dash... with an external controller .. basically i want a power source.. the ability to have to aus inputs.. and a treble and base controller.. along with oem sounds.. any ideas...

Comment

you want to put a tablet in your dash? that requires alot of work. fiberglass knowledge and a fair bit of money. I've seen ipads and other tablets put into dashes but they require expensive audio processors to output the signal.

perhaps like this?
        Last edited by Dmanj; 03-18-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Yea.. Sorta.. ANd I have Fiberglass knowledge.. I was gonna use more or less either that or just a flat piece of plexi glass... and build on top of that using fiberglass putty...

Actually I think I've got it figured out..

I'm going to use an old Single din, and hide it in the Trunk and have the tablet as an AUX input , So at leat i can manage the treble and bass when Necessary. I just hope I can find a long enough cable to reach fom the trunk to the center console.

ANyone know where i Can get long Cable?
          Last edited by bobmundo123; 03-19-2011, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X