Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo charging a v6 G6

Greetings fellow G6ers,

I just got an 06 G6 this week. It is used, but I love it. It is a sick ass car, and from browsing the forums here you can mod the hell out of it. Anyway, a few months ago I saw a special on the Powerblock (on SpikeTV) about a Vette that had a twin turbo set up. This particular setup removed the entire exhaust system, put the turbos in the back, and the waste gates are the tail pipes. This Vette had the sickest sound I have ever heard. A few weeks ago I was in Vegas and just so happened to see this same Vette cruising down the boulevard and it sounded even sicker in person. So, the company who makes this turbo set up has a universal turbo to mount on any car. Any thoughts to if the universal turbo can be adapted to the G6? Below is the link to the Universal turbo. Browse the site, and you will see videos of the twin turbo Vette so you can hear what it sounds like. Thanks guys!

- Steve

http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_system

Search is your friend.

http://g6performance.com/forum/viewtopi ... rear+turbo

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

nice, thanks man

Comment

yeah... we haven't talked about that in a while... a little obscure

but regardless... welcome!
        Originally posted by TLS2000
        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

that vette in that vid is fuk-in sick, i want one like that but a new 07 zo6, unless the blue ray is better

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
            that vette in that vid is fuk-in sick, i want one like that but a new 07 zo6, unless the blue ray is better
            Blue Devil you mean? Blue Ray is a High Definition DVD.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              Blue Devil you mean? Blue Ray is a High Definition DVD.
              my bad i was thinking of the stringray u know one of the best vettes ever made, but hey blue devil looks bad ass and blue ray is also bad ass so im going to but a blue ray in a blue devil :warped:

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Re: Turbo charging a v6 G6

Originally posted by scb0825
                Greetings fellow G6ers,

I just got an 06 G6 this week. It is used, but I love it. It is a sick ass car, and from browsing the forums here you can mod the hell out of it. Anyway, a few months ago I saw a special on the Powerblock (on SpikeTV) about a Vette that had a twin turbo set up. This particular setup removed the entire exhaust system, put the turbos in the back, and the waste gates are the tail pipes. This Vette had the sickest sound I have ever heard. A few weeks ago I was in Vegas and just so happened to see this same Vette cruising down the boulevard and it sounded even sicker in person. So, the company who makes this turbo set up has a universal turbo to mount on any car. Any thoughts to if the universal turbo can be adapted to the G6? Below is the link to the Universal turbo. Browse the site, and you will see videos of the twin turbo Vette so you can hear what it sounds like. Thanks guys!

- Steve

http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_system
                you can put a turbo kit in any ride its just the mods that you have to figure out. my friend put a turbo kit in a daytona and he said that it took him one week to do it
                05 G6 doctor speed cai, mvp to battery, royal purple max atf

Comment

Im trying to talk my uncle into doing the remote turbo on the GTO hahaha, unsuccessful thus far!
                  Originally posted by Toyz
                  Originally posted by simplyred
                  what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                  As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Would the remote-twin-turbo-in-the-back set-up be a valid set-up for a FWD car? It wouldn't pull too much weight off the front wheels?

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                    - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                    - DS S3 Intake
                    - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                      Would the remote-twin-turbo-in-the-back set-up be a valid set-up for a FWD car? It wouldn't pull too much weight off the front wheels?
                      A single turbo would be more than enough. Also, a turbo weighs about the same as an alternator.

Comment

I <3 turbos
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I don't completely understand the point of putting the turbo so far away from the engine.

Is it b/c of space limitations or heat?

I would think the longer the turbo tubing is the more turbo lag there will be.
                          In any case I'm trying to get my friend to add boost to his G6 GTP. That big 3.9L V6 could push a huge turbo. :smoke:
                          2002 12v GTI

Comment

Originally posted by john-420
                            I don't completely understand the point of putting the turbo so far away from the engine.

:
                            The rear set up allows for much cooler air, the long tubing will only decrease psi by 1, in the corvette anyways.
                            BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by john-420

In any case I'm trying to get my friend to add boost to his G6 GTP. That big 3.9L V6 could push a huge turbo. :smoke:

i would but remote mount turbos are going to be illegal for drag race use on all track every where in the us
                              !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                              FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                              SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                              14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

Working...
                              X