anyone try this ipod adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone try this ipod adapter?

found this on ebay the other day and was wondering if anyone picked it up?

06' G6 GTP, ATX - Stealth Gray w/ Black leather.

I don't know of anyone who has tried this, but if I had the money I'd jump on it. I've been looking for an excuse to put my factory deck back into the car, as it looks nicer than my aftermarket setup.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Heh....

i had this very auction bookmarked.

Anyway, futureshop/best buy sells these (in canada i know for sure) and they do work. Futureshop will even do the install for you, for something like 10 bucks.

It's been the option I've been considering for some while, I have sirius+ipod and fm modulation just blows. I don't even use my ipod in the car anymore, it sucks too much. Sirius is ok, but you can tell the difference enough to make it worth the effort and $.
      The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

I might try that one....

Comment

I'm very tempted to have my friend get one for her cobalt! Seems too good to be true though...
          2009 PONTIAC G8
          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I will be picking one up in less then 30 days time. So if one of you pick one up before then, be sure to post and let us know.

I'll do the same if I manage to get it in before you all.

Btw, you can buy the same but a little bit pricier off futureshop's website if you want the option to be able to return/satisfaction that it works.
            The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

i actually ordered one for my friend...should be here this week, so hopefully we can test-install it in her cobalt and i can report back!
              2009 PONTIAC G8
              MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

Nice find Wierd, thanks for posting it. I just bought mine. If it arrives and I have it installed soon, I'll post how it went.

Comment

everyone post reviews please cause I don't even have an Ipod yet so if I get an adapter it'll be a sizable investment.
                  06' G6 GTP, ATX - Stealth Gray w/ Black leather.

Comment

audio excellence sux

I went to audio excellence to have my windows tinted on my '06 GT coupe and also asked about the MP3, personal audio, auxilary input...whatever and they didn't have the right adapter for my car.

This ipod connection looks awesome but do they make these for non-apple products?

And has anyone had any problems installing it?

Comment

G6 ipod adapter

I've inquired at future shop here in canada about the Axxess Ipod adapter, they won't have it in stock till jan/07. Plus it will cost about $200 can.

Comment

Re: audio excellence sux

I went to audio excellence to have my windows tinted on my '06 GT coupe and also asked about the MP3, personal audio, auxilary input...whatever and they didn't have the right adapter for my car.

This ipod connection looks awesome but do they make these for non-apple products?

And has anyone had any problems installing it?
                        http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1Vw30JcGna ... 469GM12AX2
                        Originally posted by TLS2000
                        They cleaned my thing out
                        g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
                        2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

thanx keith

So am I essentially disconnecting the CD changer from my receiver and connecting whatever RCA outputting device I want? This would be pretty friggin sweet because it's way cheaper than the ipod hook up.

Can I toggle between the two? The write up on crutchfield says that you're losing the CD changer when you do this...

is it compatible with Monsoon-in dash 6 CD changer?...

Comment

Re: G6 ipod adapter

Originally posted by 20STACKY02
                            I've inquired at future shop here in canada about the Axxess Ipod adapter, they won't have it in stock till jan/07. Plus it will cost about $200 can.
                            Nice!

Can't wait..... the six cd changer is great , but having access to the IPOD playlist will be worth the 200 bones.
                            2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

I also have sirius satellite radio and an ipod in my car. I bought a flexible gooseneck mount for my sirius and I boutht a Belkin Tunebase for my ipod. The Belkin Tunebase has an excellent FM modulator. I've haven't had a single problem with listening to my ipod in the car. Of course it might also have to do with having more dead air here in AZ than other places.
                              TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Working...
                              X