hit 45k, tune up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hit 45k, tune up?

I recently hit 45k miles on my g6 and i've never done any kind of tune up or anything other than regular oil changes

What should i replace?

is there a fuel filter?

air filter? I think im going to get a crabs, which to get?

spark plugs? wires?

I don't know much about cars but i want to keep my car running well. Help please.
    Tinted tail lights - -%15 tint all around - -18" sacchi S35 Rims - - 15" Fi Q Subwoofer 1500 watts - -LED strobe Bars under dash - -Painted Calipers - -Black Pontiac Darts - - Black Eagle eye headlights - - 35w 6000k DDM HIDs low/fogs - - De-badged - -Intake Resonator removed - - Recessed Upper- - Black Painted Trunk keyhole - - K&N Cone Filter --
    Upcoming: Tinting Tails Darker, GTR Exhaust, WAMS 93 Tune, maybe some lowering springs

Re: hit 45k, tune up?

You do a tune up at 100K miles and coolent flush. Air filter should be changed every 10K miles. Some people say 20K but I like 10K. Cant change the fuel filter, its non service-able. Its built in the fuel pump, fuel sending unit, fuel filter is all one unit. To change it it prob be like 800 dollars as have to change it all and drop the tank.

At 45K miles you may need break pads? Your about the milage to change tranny fluid and most forgoten about break fluid. break fluid should be changed every 2 years/ 24K miles
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Ok thanks, I changed the brake pads and rotors at about 30k when i bought the cquence ones. I'll change my air filter the, get the brake fluid done and spend the rest on those new headlights by eagle eye
      Tinted tail lights - -%15 tint all around - -18" sacchi S35 Rims - - 15" Fi Q Subwoofer 1500 watts - -LED strobe Bars under dash - -Painted Calipers - -Black Pontiac Darts - - Black Eagle eye headlights - - 35w 6000k DDM HIDs low/fogs - - De-badged - -Intake Resonator removed - - Recessed Upper- - Black Painted Trunk keyhole - - K&N Cone Filter --
      Upcoming: Tinting Tails Darker, GTR Exhaust, WAMS 93 Tune, maybe some lowering springs

Comment

wow 45K and still no tune ups yet? thats pushing it on our cars...my entire front suspension was shot before i even bought the car at 30K...didnt matter cause i ended up lowering the car anyway...but for tune up ideas here are some to consider...

clean engine bay and look for leaks check fluids
        inspect your cv boots and tie rods for rips or tears
        new plugs and wires...recommend bosch fusion iridiums
        seafoam the motor and gas tank..look for videos on youtube for how to
        change the MAP sensor and Crank sensor...both made a big difference in how car drives and runs
        obviously clean or upgrade to new intake system and filter
        check your belts and idler pulleys
        replace or upgrade rotors and pads wont hurt either....

thats all i can think of for now

Comment

Originally posted by SinCityGT View Post
          wow 45K and still no tune ups yet? thats pushing it on our cars...my entire front suspension was shot before i even bought the car at 30K
          What? 45K isnt pushing a tune up. The spark plugs on the G6 are all platinum and are designed for 100K mile tune ups. Even GM recomends 100K mile tune ups on the cars, just look in the owners manual. I will agree on other 100K mile GM products I have owned I had a hard time getting above 90K miles before fuel efficiency dropped. But 45K miles is fine.

The suspention is a totally diffrent component and the G6s, and some members do have some issues with the suspention but its hit or miss.
          Last edited by dre256; 03-15-2011, 09:21 PM.
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
            What? 45K isnt pushing a tune up. The spark plugs on the G6 are all platinum and are designed for 100K mile tune ups.
            Not to argue but I just changed my plugs at 60k and they weren't falling apart or anything but they were definitely due. There is no way they would've made it even close to 100k, regardless of what Gm says. I can't speak for all G6 owners but I found that there is always something that is ready to be fixed or replaced. Which is fine because who doesn't like making their 6 run a little better?

07 Pontiac G6 3.5 . CRAB Intake, Resonator Delete, Lavishwood Dash kit, Debadged, Painted calipers (Black), Drilled/Slotted rotors w/ceramic pads, Pioneer AVH-2300DVD with Metra Turbo2 Kit

-Coming Soon: Black Rims, %30 Tint

Comment

Working...
            X