Toyota FJ Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota FJ Cruiser

My g/f wants to buy one of these Toyota FJ Cruisers. They start about 24K and go up to almost 32K loaded with 4WD and Automatic, leather, etc.

She likes the silver.

I like the black one.

The interior is nice too.

Anybody have any experience with these?

Seems like a solid car and a good car to buy and keep for a long time. It gets kinda pricey with 4WD but I think for her it is the only way to go, especially in a Chicago winter. She can drive a manual but prefers auto so she's probably looking at almost 28K. Probably going to go take a look and drive it this weekend.
    2006 Black GTP Sedan

drivers view is unlike anything I have seen. Very cool. Beware of the massive blindspot at the rear quaters, humongous.
    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
    ^ The Man
    v The Legend

Comment

They're just so damn ugly....

Comment

Best story I heard was Toyota did an event where they rolled an FJ cruiser onto the ice during a Detroit Red Wings home game.....it got booed off the ice!

Silly Toyota - think about what city you're in. This is our house!
        Originally posted by colinpeddle
        They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
        That here, by G6er law, we lie
        Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
        THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Jonnycat Sounds like you drove one. Did you?

It's got a pretty nice powertrain too. 4 liter DOHC with VVT. 239 hp / 278 ft/lbs, 5 spd auto or 6 spd manual.

I actually think its pretty cool looking. Better than your average SUV, like a Equinox, VUE, even the Hondas or Hyundais etc.
          2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Inside its nice and spacious. They're really ugly on the outside and probably run like shit too, just cause its a toyota. (Yes I've been inside one)
            BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

its a heavy truck for only a 240hp V6.

4000+ curb/5300+ GVWR
              Originally posted by colinpeddle
              They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
              That here, by G6er law, we lie
              Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
              THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Wow, theres alot of Toyota haters on here. I've never had any experience with them, so I cant say anything.

Why would you say it runs like shit? From when you drove it?

I'd just like to know before we get serious about buying it, she would prefer a GM car but doesnt really like any of them enough.

Maybe I'll find an FJ forum to join and get some feedback.
                2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

I didnt take the FJ on a test drive or anything, I had to move it for someone (like 10 yards) so I dont know how it performs, but I have driven different toyotas (got an 06 camry for a rental) and they just dont perform, the inside is comfy, but in response and performance... toyota should be ashamed.

Comment

Personally, I think the FJ is almost as ugly as the Aztek, and it is over priced. There is nothing I like about it. No, I am not a Toyota hater but I think you are asking the wrong crowd.

Comment

if you want a jeep like vehicle, get a jeep.

Comment

yea probably is in the top 5 of ugliest cars/suv's on the road...i have never been in on personally but i have only heard bad things from people that have....i guess there is less room in the bad in terms of leg room then in our coupes....plus the driving position is very odd and it doesnt score points in the looks area with most...kinda reminds me of a lego car or something lol....should get an envoy denali
                        what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

I considered buying one for my next suv, but i decided against it, for no particular reason. They are suppose to be very capable off-road though.
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

My buddy owns one, I think once the novelty wore off, you could tire of it as a daily driver for city use, you would be left with a very capable off roader, but I am assuming she won't use it for that anyway.

Get her to test drive it in rush hour traffic, if she still likes it might as well get it.

IMO if you are getting an SUV, buy one that can do well off road or kick ass on the street, and since SRT-8's and SS's, Land rover's andporsches cost lots of dough and you have a decent sporty car, get an offroader so you have the best of both worlds.

P.S. have her look at a Rav-4 with V6 too compare. It Hauls anus.
                            BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
                              if you want a jeep like vehicle, get a jeep.
                              I looked at the Jeep online and even the Wrangler is close to 30K. Talk about being overpriced. Besides it's not my call, my g/f is buying the car and she doesnt seem interested in the Jeep.
                              2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X