Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst of the worst

Worst of the worst

These models, listed alphabetically, have multiple years of reliability that's much worse than average among 2001 to 2010 models.
    Audi A6 (2.7T, 3.0T)GMC Acadia (AWD)BMW 535i (AWD)GMC Canyon (4WD)BMW X5GMC S-15 Sonoma (4WD)Cadillac SRX (AWD)GMC SafariChevrolet AstroHummer H3Chevrolet AveoJaguar S-Type, XFChevrolet BlazerKia SedonaChevrolet Colorado (4WD)Mercedes-Benz R-ClassChevrolet Impala (VMini Cooper ConvertibleChevrolet S-10 Pickup (4WD)Pontiac G6 Coupe & ConvertibleChevrolet UplanderSaturn Outlook (FWD)Chrysler PT Cruiser (turbo)Saturn RelayChrysler Town & CountryVolkswagen New Beetle ConvertibleDodge CaravanVolkswagen Passat (V6, FWD)Dodge Grand Caravan

OUCH!!

That will hurt the already low image our cars have..

Re: Worst of the worst

Look at it this way, our car has been killed already... Can it really get much worse? Think of the top end cars on that list. More than one BMW, a Mercedes Benz, and a Jaguar. Maybe the prices will come down on those cars......
    Traded in G6 GTP 17 September 2012 for 2011 Musang GT 5.0L 6sp manual.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.”

Get Honor, Stay Honor

Comment

I read about this article too, but i have to ask what made the G6 coupe and vert so unrealible? I own the coupe so I must know.
      Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
      Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

I don't buy it. The G6 may not have the best quality but it's by far not the worst either.

Comment

I think its a load of BS

Comment

o watever people buy jags all the time just because most are unreliable doesn't mean their the most unloved
            Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
            JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Sad thing is that GM have 15 spots on this list.

Comment

Originally posted by RedMoon Roku View Post
                I read about this article too, but i have to ask what made the G6 coupe and vert so unrealible? I own the coupe so I must know.
                It effects the sedans too, but think has lot to do with the sedans "average" people get and just drive a car and put fuel in and thats it. Oil changes when they have too. As if you get a coupe you have a higher chance of liking cars and maintaining them.

But its not just the G6, GMs FWD before they went backrupt have alot of issues (but doesnt affect all, just some). GM has had 15 years off issues of intermedate steering shafts by themselfs, then intake gaskets on the 3400, head gaskets on 3900 and 07+ 3500 has TSBs, rack-n-pinnons, sway bar links, and so on.

Doesnt mean your vechile will be affected, but if you by those products you have a higher chance of having issues then say buying an equailly equipt Honda Accord.
                2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                Gotta have it Green color
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack
                GT500 track pack differential cover
                BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

My 06 GTP coupe has been very good to me, I can't complain.
                  Mods: Crabs CAB w/ FPU, GT-R Exhaust, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, KYB schock/struts, EBC Rotors w/ ceramic pads, Aftermarket Sound System

Comment

Originally posted by dre256 View Post
                    It effects the sedans too, but think has lot to do with the sedans "average" people get and just drive a car and put fuel in and thats it. Oil changes when they have too. As if you get a coupe you have a higher chance of liking cars and maintaining them.

But its not just the G6, GMs FWD before they went backrupt have alot of issues (but doesnt affect all, just some). GM has had 15 years off issues of intermedate steering shafts by themselfs, then intake gaskets on the 3400, head gaskets on 3900 and 07+ 3500 has TSBs, rack-n-pinnons, sway bar links, and so on.

Doesnt mean your vechile will be affected, but if you by those products you have a higher chance of having issues then say buying an equailly equipt Honda Accord.
                    Okay then, I wasn't worried or anything. Just wondering why the G6 made the list.
                    Roku's Mods: K&N air intake system, Eibach lowering springs, 225/45R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Postion Tires, 18in OZ Ultraleggera wheels (black), Disc Italia brake pads and slotted rotors, debadged, 30% window tint, Eagle Eye headlights (black), DDM 6000K HID low headlights, Notto SE 10000K HID fog lights, LED taillights, Koni shock absorbers and front struts, Racingline strut tower bar and grounding kit, Sirius Satellite Radio, BMD front end links, BMD steel braided brake lines, Brembo four piston front brake calipers, MPD ram air hood (body color), upper and lower recessed grilles (body color) GM Ground Effects kit (body color), Hammerhead flushmount spolier (body color), Customized Pontiac Concept Dart (Black w/ Carbon Fiber), Remin carbon fiber dash kit, WAMS ECM 91 Octane Tune, Borla pro xs dual muffler exhaust with vibrant resonator
                    Roku's progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...36&pagenumber=

Comment

I don't know, my GT served me very well and I beat the living hell out of that car and it just fought back on a daily basis and never made a fuss about it
                      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

One of the main reasons I sold my 6 was because I was constantly repairing things, replacing parts, getting things tweaked. Parts replaced in the 6 months I owned my 6 are;

- Front Caliper
                        - Cam Intake Solenoid
                        - Head Gasket
                        - Catalytic O-Ring and bolts

2006 Black G6 2.4 - Sold
                        2007 Chrysler 300 Touring 3.5L - Current

Mods: AFE CAI, Red Calipers, Halo Projectors
                        Mods Planned: Magnaflow CatBack Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBK Shorty Headers, E&G rear spoiler

Comment

Originally posted by Jacquel View Post
                          One of the main reasons I sold my 6 was because I was constantly repairing things, replacing parts, getting things tweaked. Parts replaced in the 6 months I owned my 6 are;

- Front Caliper
                          - Cam Intake Solenoid
                          - Head Gasket
                          - Catalytic O-Ring and bolts
                          Wow a head gasket? Thats is rare, you are the only 2.4L I have heard that had a head gasket issue. Even on like G5/colbolt websites no one has had head gasket issues. That sucks, but I understand all the frustration of repairing a fairly new vechile that shouldnt need it dont. My G6 has had its fair amount of issues.
                          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
                          Gotta have it Green color
                          Brembo brake package
                          420 HP 5.0L
                          Ford Racing Power Pack
                          GT500 track pack differential cover
                          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

add to my list
                            2 oil leaks, front and rear seal
                            sway bar links
                            door handle plastic button, the small one that cover the screw, just fell off.. and I didnt change my speakers or anything door related.
                            driver seat recliner level.

Just at near 45k miles..

damn good craftsmanship.....I feel that I own a big Yugo or Peugeot crap car.

Comment

no complaints about mine yet but I guess stuff doesn't start happening till my warranty expires in about 10,000 miles then well see
                              2009.5, Solstice rims, Debadged, Black overlays, Tint all around, GXP Hood, Custom Fog light bezel.
                              My progression page check it out http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16474

Comment

Working...
                              X