Needing help with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing help with this

I have been looking to remove the 'dinger' for the seatbelt indicator, or whatever. YES I KNOW should wear my seatbelt (MOM) but i dont put it on when i am just running down the street. Anyone know where this is located and if there is somthing i can remove to end this?
    06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
    http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

hmm, never looked at that before. There should be two wires going to your clip. If you either remove one or splice them it should stop it, but thats just me talking without actually looking.
    BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

get an extra seat belt buckle
      Black 06 GTP Coupe - Dr. Speed Cold Air Box, Tinted Windows, Projektorz - Coming this week: Grafxworks Pontiac overlays all around, Black Painted Calipers w/ ZZP Decals and Rockblocker Smoked Tail Light Covers !!

Comment

cut the wires...or find which fuse they and whatever else are on

Comment

these are probably going to be more complicated than clippping some wires as the weight sensors in the seat, and airbag modules will be connected somewhere along the line.

Being 2nd gen airbags, they deploy at different rates based on speed, force of impact and if seat belt is being worn. Unless it is disabled properly, a fender bender could deploy your airbag a 200mph. That shit'll hurt

Your 2 easiest options are
          1. crank the stereo, to drum out the noise (it works)
          2. take the 1.5 seconds to put it on
          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
          ^ The Man
          v The Legend

Comment

dude i would hope the airbags came out if you hit at 200 mph

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
              dude i would hope the airbags came out if you hit at 200 mph
              no, the air bag expands at 200mph which could happen in a 15mph fender bender
              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
              ^ The Man
              v The Legend

Comment

Just do your damn seatbelt! Who cares if it's just down the street - you could still get creamed by a cement truck.

Comment

yeah dont just "clip" the wires, it may be based on a possative ground system in which case both wires are live. If that is the case just cutting the wires wont work. Like I said before, clip the wires, if that cheats they system then ok but if it doesnt then splicing the wires may work.
                  BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

I've thought about this too b/c that chiming really bothers me sometimes. It seems like there would not really be a safe way to do it considering the airbag etc, and I'm sure that there is some type of safety so you cant get rid of it.

I have thought about using an extra buckle but never really did it.

Like jonnycat said turn up the radio.
                    2006 Black GTP Sedan

Comment

Don't they sell some kind of buckle-type device that plugs into the seatbelt to simulate the buckle is...well..buckled? Wear your damn belt!
                      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

seriously... just wear the damn seatbelt
                        Originally posted by TLS2000
                        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                          Like i said before..... I know i should were my seatbelt, but i dont want to hear it when i am just running, honestly, 2 minutes down the street to get gas or pop or whatever.....MOM'S
                          06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
                          http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

Originally posted by the_great_m
                            Like i said before..... I know i should were my seatbelt, but i dont want to hear it when i am just running, honestly, 2 minutes down the street to get gas or pop or whatever.....MOM'S
                            I can fully understand that, the nearest gas station to me is about 1 mile on a road with very VERY little traffic... I just deal with the noise but in my opinion the best idea would be the extra buckle...
                            Originally posted by Toyz
                            Originally posted by simplyred
                            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Originally posted by the_great_m
                              Most accidents happen within about 2 miles of your home.

Wear your seatbelt. Theres no reason not to, unless of course, you already have no brain.

(also of all the topics this board doesn't condone or support, this needs to be one of them. if this guy goes out and dies while hopping to the store to grab some pop and it's because of the extra buckle idea he got on here.......)
                              The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Working...
                              X