Changed my interior color from red to blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed my interior color from red to blue

I changed some of the regular bulbs in the interior to blue 3mm LEDS. Changed the driver side control panel ,passenger side,and pedal adjust and fog light switch,trunk poppper. I plan on doing more just did this today.Its kinda of a pain.But it looks good tell me what you guys think.

Here is the passenger side:
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o96/ ... C03709.jpg

Here is the drivers side:
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o96/ ... C03708.jpg

Damn brightness

Looks pretty neat though! I like.

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

pretty sweet
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

dude that looks pretty tight...how hard was it?? i would love to do it with my blue g6...are the blue lights bright??like really bright?
        (2006) Blue G6 GT...

Comment

Cool! Nice work.

You can sort of judge the brightness by looking at the guages - the camera is set to capture more light so it's probably not as bright as the pictures suggest.

Comment

looks good! Did you have to pop out each stock LED and solder in the blue ones? I imagine the resistor was built into the switches already?
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              looks good! Did you have to pop out each stock LED and solder in the blue ones? I imagine the resistor was built into the switches already?

the lights inside each switch is just a regular bulb with a red cover it.I soldered my own resistor in with the leds.I cut the leds almost down to nothing so that i could get the resistor and led to fit in place of the normal bulb.It is kinda bright but i like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DRAPER
                dude that looks pretty tight...how hard was it?? i would love to do it with my blue g6...are the blue lights bright??like really bright?
                i would say it really was not that hard to do i started on it about 11 and finished bye 3 oclock.The hard part was getting the resistor to fit with the led in such a little space.And yes they are alot brighter they are 8 kmcd.

Comment

Wow that is fan-freakin-tastic!
                  Brian-
                  Membership has it's privileges

SSSS Member #10 since 2007

Comment

GREAT JOB! Looks incredible. So I took the liberty of putting the pics here instead of your links.

:smoke:

SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
                    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
                    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
                    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

need to change the gauges too now, they clash with the blue.
                      BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
                        need to change the gauges too now, they clash with the blue.
                        Just beat me to it.

I think blue gauges with white needles or the reverse will fit best.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                        - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                        - DS S3 Intake
                        - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

ya if you do it like this it would be sweet!

link http://www.gmownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491
                          (2006) Blue G6 GT...

Comment

someone needs to take care of their car, his engine running hot and he's almost out of gas.
                            BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

the gas yes...but engine isnt running hot

Comment

Working...
                              X