This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada Post WTF??

I tried sending a money order to the States using ExpressPost (supposed to be 5-6 day delivery). The tracking system says it arrived in the States Nov 7, and that's the last update. It was supposed to have been delivered Nov 10. It' s now been 13 days (9 business days, including shipping date and today) since I sent it.

I am starting to get a bit nervous that they lost the money order. Any suggestions as to what action to take?

The tracking # should be able to tell them exactly where it is or was last. The scan those everytime it changes units, truck to plane to truck etc. Demand an answer.
    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
    ^ The Man
    v The Legend

Comment

That's what I thought. So why hasn't it changed in 8 days? Guess I'll have to go to the post office to raise some hell...

Comment

Sometimes is takes a little longer for them to get it into their system at the start and end, if that makes sense. I'd wait a few more days then unleash hell if needs be.

At least that's how my experiences usually go with them.

Comment

I think their ExpressPost service is guaranteed delivery or your money back, isn't it?

But in your case, since it is an international order, the package has already been arrived in the US and then the US Postal Service takes over the actual delivery to your final destination. The problem should be on the US side with the USPS. Mis-commitments and missing items are actually quite rare with premium services such as ExpressPost. So there is definitely a problem and you need to make an inquiry ASAP.

I heard that Canada Post only guarantee that the item will be delivered to the destination country on time but not to the actual final address since services provided by a foreign postal administration is beyond their control, but I could be wrong. Anyway they are at least somewhat responsible if there is a problem so I would go after them. Usually they are very reasonable in resolving a legitimate claim. Good luck!

Comment

Well...I went to the main post office and they were useless. They gave me a 1-800 number to call, so I phoned and Canada Post is setting up a "file" for me, and will be starting an international inquiry.

Yay.

So in 6 years, I should find out if my shipment is lost.

Comment

Originally posted by jnak
              So in 6 years, I should find out if my shipment is lost.

Well think about it this way if they do discover in 6 years it was lost and refund your money, it will be like those times you find money in your jacket and didnt know it was there. It might just make your day 6 years from now. :smoke:
              BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Actually I would rather just know where my money order is right now.

Comment

In a logistic perspective I don't trust my stuff with Purolator internationally! They are very good within Canada but if you are talking about U.S. I'll use somebody else instead! but ever the less Canada post / Purolator are cheaper compare to the others though

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

It wouldn't suprise me if the USPS lost it. They lose stuff ALL the time.
                    2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                    :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                    :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                    :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                      hahaha!!! Ups is worst for losing stuff plus goods got damage during transit especially with UPS Ground !

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
                        Actually the last update is that it arrived in the States...meaning USPS got it and immediately lost it.

Comment

Working...
                        X