L.O.C. Do I need it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.O.C. Do I need it?

So I have an amp and sub laying around from my other car, and I want to put it in my G6. The g6 stereo is all stock with out the monsoon package.

My amp has high level inputs. Do I still need a Line out converter? Is it better to have one, or can I just wire the stock speaker output to the high level inputs on the amp?

Also where did you guys wire up the remote power switch wire for the amp? I read on another thread that someone spliced a green wire in the door sill of the drivers door. I don't want to cut any part of the factory harness. I would rather run it to the Fuse box. What did you guys do?

Thanks for your help?

Stop by my progression and say Hi!

Custom Blacked out Chrome
    Color Matched Upper Grilles
    Door Sills
    Puddle Lights
    Steering Wheel swap
    Custom CIA/Heat Shield

Re: L.O.C. Do I need it?

you only need a loc if you only have RCA inputs. all the LOC does is convert the speaker wires into RCA outputs. just use your high level inputs.

i bought one of these

and just used one of the fuses in the center console that had (ignition) beside them.

what amp are you using?

Comment

Sweet! thank you so much for the info. I'll be picking up the fuse connector after the weekend. So Is that powering the amp or just the remote power to turn it on? I have an old Profile 200 watt with a built in crossover, Bridged Mono to a single Rockford 12 in a sealed box stuffed with pillow foam. It sounded nice and tight in my Cavalier. I'm not looking to stop any hearts, I just want to get a little more bottom end.

Stop by my progression and say Hi!

Custom Blacked out Chrome
      Color Matched Upper Grilles
      Door Sills
      Puddle Lights
      Steering Wheel swap
      Custom CIA/Heat Shield

Comment

that will just be the remote turn on. so that amp will only be on while the engine is running. you'll have to run the power yourself

Comment

Working...
        X