SeaFoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaFoam

hey when adding SeaFoam to the motor. do you do it via brake booster hose? I have added SeaFoam to the crankcase and fuel system. I just dont know the proper way for the Vacuum system.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
    Originally posted by ahuhn
    so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Re: SeaFoam

That's the way I did it, just keep the RPM's about 3,000 oh and it will smoke like crazzzzyyy for a while.
    Just keep it going until it stops smoking, and than take it for a little drive. Oh, and pour it in as fast as it
    will take it. But be ready, it will want to stall and sputter and make all kinds of noises, but it will be fine.
    Current Mods

Painted engine covers (in work)
    CRABS UNDER MY HOOD (OPTION 3 + FPU) with "T" bolt clamps
    Raceingline Front strut bar & grounding kit.
    E3 spark plugs
    Taylor Thundervolt 8.2mm Red plug wires
    GT-R exhaust system.
    Eagle Eye tinted head lights.
    MPD hood & (Duraflex) GT Racer concept body kit painted and installed.
    Mirror caps color matched,
    Debadged.
    DDM HID's on the low beam, 55w with 10000k bulbs.
    Tinted tail lights.
    DDM HID's on the reverse lights, 35w with 5000k bulbs.

Future Mods

Eibach lowering springs.
    KYB shocks and struts.
    EBC slotted and drilled rotors, with Red Stuff pads.
    Painted brake calipers (Red)
    Redline Tuning Hood Supports.
    WAMS tune.

Comment

Yep, use the brake booster line. Pour it in as fast as you can then let the car sit for 10 minutes. Then start it up and take a drive.
      2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
      GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
      Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

Im sure wyou know this but do not leave the seafoam in the crankcase for more than 100 miles... lots of gunk will start to loosen up and you dont want that stuff floating around
        Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

thanks for the info. I figured it out. smoked for a bit not bad though. I will probably change the oil on my next day off. then add more seafoam after the oil change.

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6 View Post
            then add more seafoam after the oil change.
            I hope you don't mean into the crankcase. You really don't want to leave it in there for more than a short period of time. That's why you do a oil change after putting the seafoam in there.
            2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
            GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
            Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Comment

we haved customers who have us add half a can to there oil after the change and tehy havent had a problem

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
              Originally posted by snowmanG6
              you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by Abyssul View Post
                I hope you don't mean into the crankcase. You really don't want to leave it in there for more than a short period of time. That's why you do a oil change after putting the seafoam in there.
                the can does state. "use just before or for long term"

Comment

doin it next oil change and changing plugs
                  GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by uzun1986 View Post
                    doin it next oil change and changing plugs
                    : how many miles on the car? you dont need to change the plugs till 100,000miles or 160,000km

Comment

65,000km....Im ugrading them to a colder plug.....was having a bit of misfire and 2 of the plugs look bad.
                      GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

i genuinely feel like a moron, but may I ask what this SeaFoam is? Should I add it to my car? I've never heard of it, haha.

Comment

Seafoam is a petroleum based solvent. Basically it is used as a cleaner and a fuel stabilizer. You can add it to fuel to help keep it fresh (lawnmowers, leaf blowers, etc...) or you can place it in your crankcase (oil) or your vacuum lines (brake booster). When added to your vacuum lines this should help clean out carbon build up in your intake manifold and exhaust. Adding it to your crank case should help loosen up any gunk build up from years of oil in the crank case. Anyways those are the basics, for more info you should do a google search and check out the website.
                          Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
                          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

Cool, thanks JGP21! Is this something a n00b could do?

Comment

Originally posted by MAdams985 View Post
                              Cool, thanks JGP21! Is this something a n00b could do?
                              adding to your fuel and crank case yes. just dump a can into your gas tank and then read the instructions for the proper measurements for the crank case. the vac line is a little harder to get to. but you can do it as well. only of you feel confident enough to do so.

Comment

Working...
                              X