black powdercoated???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black powdercoated???

well i was thinking about the wheels on the gtp and i think its would be the best if i black powdercoated the stock wheels but leave a chrome lip on the outside of itt what are you thouhgts
    EBAY cai,H&R lowering springs,red led underglow ,led ceiling lights,red underglow underdash,factorywings spolier ,tinted tails ,red duplicolor calipers,black headlight inserts

could look very cool
    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
    ^ The Man
    v The Legend

Comment

I think that would look great! Probably be a lot of work because of the flangeless design, but your spokes would extend to the tire, with the "rim" part of the wheel in black. It would be a striped effect that would definitely look very cool. Go for it and post pics! :smoke:
      SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
      Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
      CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
      Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I'm not sure if you intend to powder coat the spokes or the opposite more like Tin Indian stated. You could easily enough get a picture of the wheels and do a photoshop mock-up before you go to too much trouble. Maybe get an image from TireRack of the car with the OE wheels then photoshop that.

I guess the real question though is how much will powder coating cost compared to getting new wheels? There are some nice looking wheels out there for less than $200 each... I have no idea how much powder coating costs.
        Trust me, I'm a professional!

Comment

there is a photoshop on here already of completely powdercoated stock rims
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Working...
          X