Custom Switch Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Switch Panel

I'm wiring in LED's and Neons, and i'm wondering if anyone has found a great location for a switch panel. Right now, i have one electrical taped to the hand brake, but, its kinda ghetto.

If anyone has any pictures on how you did yours, or any suggestions on where i can put mine, if you could let me know i'd appreciaite it.

thanks guys

Do you have power pedals? If not the slot to the left of the steering wheel where they're supposed to go is a good switch location

Comment

yeah, i have power pedals. Its a 2006 G6 GT.

I really wanted the switchbox to go right under the radio, but i don't know how to mod something to fit in that cubbiehole. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

hmm, two great locations that come to mind is that little cubbie on the left of the stearing wheel that no-one could find a use for (other than a machine gun switch ) or in the glove box like jake has.
        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

he means console not glove box

wire it to your windows lock out switch....im sure you dont really use it alot, so make some good use of it

Comment

um the gt doesnt have a lockout switch, at least mine doesnt and yes i meant console.

Comment

^The coupes don't have a lockout switch.

sigpic
              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

no lockout on the coupes? that is dumb, what if you didnt want your passenger rolling window down?

Comment

yeah but thats what the back of the hand was invented for

Comment

OMG Fantastic IDEA! The stupid lockout switch, is there a fuse for that switch?

How would i go about splicing into the wire?

Comment

Oh by the way, i have a sedan

Comment

yeah i guessed that when i got told with the "coupes dont have a switch" comment. I still think that little cubby is perfect for a switch. If my LED's werent powered with a wireless remote id put the switch there. That is where i store my remote though.

Comment

should be able to just buy a few wire splice clips and tap right into them that way....shouldnt be that hard of a job

as for the cubby hole idea, it is a good way to hide switch, but requires you to cut into car, lockout switch doesnt :P

Comment

hrm, i'm looking at the wires that run into the box that controls the windows and the switch i'm looking to use. Does anyone know how to tell, or what cable i should tap into. Does anyone know the color. I'm confused as hell atm.

Comment

i havent looked at that lockout switch yet so i have no clue, i plan on wiring lights up the same way

how many wires can possibly be going to the switch though? check for voltage and should be able to get what you need

Comment

Working...
                              X