Mechanic Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanic Shops

This might be a little of a rant, but are there seriously any reputable shops in the world? Every place I've been to tries to pull every trick in the book to get a sale. It feels like they are rebranded dealerships....

I just had a shop try to charge $80 for resurfacing my front OEM rotors.

Have you guys run into anything similar or have any stories? I'm still looking for a reputable shop in my area.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 02-03-2011, 02:08 PM.
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,
    GT door decals, painted interior trim, red calipers, de-chromed window trim
    Performance Mods: WAMS tune, CRABS, aftermarket sound system

sigpic

Re: Mechanic Shops

Just had a front end alignment and now my steering is even worse. WTF...
    2006 Pontiac G6 GT

Appearance Mods: AIT front bumper, Black Eagle Eye Halo Projectors with DDM Tuning 5000k HIDs 35w,

sigpic

Comment

i like to think that were a reputable shop

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn View Post
        i like to think that were a reputable shop
        I wouldn't know.
        2006 Pontiac G6 GT

sigpic

Comment

true that but im trying to say there was at least 1 in teh world

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

the shop i go to is a long time family friend so i get treated really well. not too sure how they do other cars but they are still there so they must be doing something right lol
            Visual Mods: Back half 5% tint, Front half 15% tint, Eyebrow 5% tint, Windshield 35% tint, Rain guards, Debadged, Arrowhead overlays, Painted engine covers, LED tails, 6K Lows, 8K Highs, 6K Fogs Painted grilles, Painted window trim

Performance Mods: CRAB intake, 18" Toyo Extensa x 4, RacingLine STB, RacingLine Grounding Kit

Audio Mods: Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P5100DVD, Front Speakers: Memphis 6 1/4, Rear Speakers: Memphis 6 x 9, Subwoofers: Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" x 2, Amp: Kenwood KAC-8105D 500W

Progression Thread -
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18428

Comment

Drum Honda up in Watertown, NY was amazing. Did 2 non TSB/Recall based repairs for me under goodwill. Their other branches I've heard are just as good.

Comment

Same as the dude above. Old friend of the family owns a small (4 bay) shop. we use him for everything.
                1972 F100
                1978 Twinstar
                1992 Miata
                2014 Mustang

Comment

Where I live there is one shop that has always been known for good work and I have always recommended them. My brother has a '95 TA Formula without heat so I told him to take it to this [unnamed] shop and have them flush out the heater core, nothing else. He calls the owner, Skip, and he gives him a quote of $45. It's a reasonable price the job takes about a half hour total. He sets up an appointment and drops it off and they give him a call later with a quote of $187. My brother seemed suspicious and said he would call them back.

So I get the call and just start laughing and tell him they can do the job at the price they quoted first. He calls them back and the same guy answers (shotty guy, not Skip). Before he can say anything the guy says "we will need to replace the thermostat too, so total it would be $264. HA! $77 increase for a $14 part that would already be exposed at the time of flushing the heater core. He said Skip quoted him at $45 and to just do the flush... All of a sudden the guy gets quiet and murmurs, "oh...okay well if Skip said that we will do it for that price"....

It is just SAD that the only reputable shop in town has a snake employed that is over quoting and pocketing the cash.

/rant
                  '06 G6 GTP 6spd

Comment

Working...
                  X