Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice/help on choosing a system

Hey guys,

I've been scouring the forum and looking at some of your signatures to see what kinds of systems you have in your cars. Knowing very, very little about wattage, amperage, ohms, and such, I would like to get everyones opinion on what to buy. I would like to keep it all under $300-400.

All I would like is something to suppliment my monsoon system. I know I'll probably need to get an interface, so dont' figure that into the 300-400. I would settle for a single sub and amp. Just want a little input as to what brands you would recommend for my price range.

Thanks
    The Original CRIMSON CAB
    Graduate of the Pooners school of Photography, Class of 2008
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    ~Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem
    ~Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional
    ~Every man is guilty of all the good he didn't do.

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5521

Talk to whoever you want about the Type R's.. they rock man.. all that stuff is so new. All you need is a box. Those 3 things new at bestbuy are 700 bucks.. ill take $375 for all of it.
    2006 Cobalt SS supercharged
    Same cobra radar. lol

Comment

One kicker 10" CVR dual 4ohm and Kicker ZX400.1 amp. Total = 245 off woofersetc.com.
      2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

I want to get a sterio system set up in my car but I'm in the same boat, dont know anything about brands or how to do it. I'll try and find someone locally that knows about that stuff to help me out, might be good advice if you dont know anything like me.
        BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Kickers can take a beating. I have a single 10" with kicker enclose in my trunk and a 400.1 amp, but it's definitely underpowered. The 600.1 would be adequate.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

s

ive got 2 kicker 12in cvr's, and a 1800 kenwood amp, i think thats more then what ur looking 4 though, its loud as hell though
            Originally posted by TLS2000
            They cleaned my thing out
            g6p memer 22

rip pbm 04 gto 7/7/09

1999 chevy s 10 xtreme
            2007 honda vtx1300

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
              Kickers can take a beating. I have a single 10" with kicker enclose in my trunk and a 400.1 amp, but it's definitely underpowered. The 600.1 would be adequate.
              a single 10 what? CVR, L5, L7, CVX?

as far as a 10" cvr goes, in a 1.5 cube box 400 watts is more than enough.
              2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

i got two alphasonik competiton 12's and two audiobahn competition 12's and two directed 1100D amps for sale and a audiobahn headunit for sale if you are interested.
                2006 G6 GT
                Debadged
                20% Window Tint
                Painted molded mudflaps
                DS Stage 4 CAI
                8000K VVME HIDs Low Beam Conversion
                Nokya Hyper yellow Fogs
                Painted Red Calipers

Comment

Memphis.......Memphis.....Memphis. I have been into car audio since the late 90's and have competed many times. For the money, for the sound you have to go with Memphis. I would put up anything that i had that says $ for $ a memphis sub will sound better and have a higher SPL then a kicker.
                  06 GT Memphis 6x9's in rear Diamond componet up front Diamond 12" subs Alpine/Rockford Fosgate amps
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492567
                  http://www.myspace.com/the_great_m

Comment

i must agree with the_great_m. Memphis is the way to go. i replaced my 4 stock speakers inside with memphis and i loooovvvveee it. And they are OEM fit which was a plus for me

Comment

wink check my sig
                      Originally posted by Nikki
                      You are an e-pimp.
                      Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                      I tried too, my penis way too big
                      07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                      My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                      The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Working...
                      X