Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I was at a Chevy dealership today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was at a Chevy dealership today....

So I was at a Chevy dealership today, and I happened to take a look under the hood of a Malibu Maxx SS.

Everything is exactly the same as on our cars.

I have put an inquiry in with parts about the posibility of getting the strut tower brace. They will be getting back to me on Monday or Tuesday.

The guy said that his computer didn't list it as compatible with our cars, but I saw it, and it looks EXACTLY the same.

If GM will let one go for less than $200CDN, I'll pick one up and report back.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

looks can be decieving....
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

200 for it? On the GPs we "fabbed" fabbed one from a 10 dollar bar that was available on the regals...

John
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I know there is in the works a strut tower bar by Coupe I believe.
        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yes there is... I've gotten pricing fromone company near me that I think is a wee bit too much (160.00). I may just make em myself, but dman, that's a lot of time, lol. I'll have info or something sometime, lol.

That price isn't bad (remember, thats canadian). I got the same info from my chevy store- but remeber, ofcaorse it says nothing about the G6 as it's not on teh G6 for any option. If you were interested in that bar, the could alwasy ask them to order it, if it doesn't fit, make sure you can return it. :idea:
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

I'm still waiting for them to call me back with a price. I'll post here as soon as I know.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

$257CDN for the bar. They told me that I should go find a Malibu and measure to see if it matches the G6.

Anyone think a salesman will let me measure a Malibu?

sigpic

Comment

I don't see why not, just walk in and ask to see under the hood of a malibu, then take your tape measure and get what you need
                Originally posted by colinpeddle
                They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                That here, by G6er law, we lie
                Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

Yeah. That'd be simple to do.

I still think they are the same, though.

Comment

I would measure and also take a pic so we all can examine it hahaha! You know we all have to give our $.02!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I'll probably wait until Saturday to go to the dealer. If it matches up, I'll order the bar.

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure there will be something small and stupid that will prevent the Malibu strut bar from working on our cars, if not then I'll be going to a dealership to pick one up also. Speaking of all this some people were talking about how the car isn't too great around corners. I can't believe how good my car is, I scream around turns the she just sticks right to the road-I love flying around a turn and people are like
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

What I've noticed with the GTP is that it dives in the turns. I don't get a lot of understeer, but the outside front corner does feel like it's about to scrape the ground.

Of course, that MAY be something that I can attribute to high speed turning.. lol..

If the salesman won't let me measure it, I'm going to order the bar anyway. Worst case scenario, I'll just e-bay it.

BTW, there is only TWO available bars in the distribution system right now. They're both located at the Lansing distribution centre.

sigpic

Comment

Well let us know what you plan on doing, either taking measurements or just buying the thing outright to see if it works, I'm very interested in this.

Comment

Lansing.. hmmmm.

I foyu all haven't seen the My Next Project thread.. GT-R is going to be doing a LOT of suspension work for us. I told him to take over my strut bar as I haven't gotten anything to really work. :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X