2006 vs. 2007 G6 Stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 vs. 2007 G6 Stereo

Sadly, I totalled my 2006 G6 last week. I completely loved that car and it pains me to part with her, so I'm considering buying a 2007 as a replacement once I get my check from the insurance company.

Does anyone know if the 2007's are able to play mp3 CDs? That was my only big gripe with the 2006 models. I don't see any mention of it on the Pontiac website, which has me worried that they decided to save $25 per car by not including it again.
    -Kevin
    2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
    2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

i'm pretty sure it doesn't
    -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Nope. Buy a G5
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

That completely sucks. I wonder if the G5 deck has the DIC built in also, then we could probably swap it with the G6 deck. I'll have to take a look when I go car shopping. Thanks for the replies.
        -Kevin
        2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
        2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowLab
          That completely sucks. I wonder if the G5 deck has the DIC built in also, then we could probably swap it with the G6 deck. I'll have to take a look when I go car shopping. Thanks for the replies.
          The G5 deck has a pretty impressive display, but I believe it's for stereo purposes only, not a full-fledged DIC. It was also a bit squatter if I remember correctly when I was testing one, so I'm not entirely sure it would slot in neatly.

And having a 2007, no, they can't play MP3-format.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
          - DS S3 Intake
          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

The G5's DIC is built into the instrument cluster.

Comment

too bad.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Since they are becoming standard it wont be long till its on there.
                They are on the 2005 Ford's with the upgraded radios.

Its available on the Grand Prix....hhmmmmm. It lists it as the Monsoon premium system....
                Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player, seek-and-scan, digital clock, and Radio Data System

I will try an MP3 disk when I get home in my Monsoon...hhhmmmmmm

Have you seen that Purple Haze Metallic color they have for it now???
                I'd like that on a convertible! Oh yaaa....
                Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

carsalesman hater

the damn carsalesman told me when i asked "2006 G6 are standard mp3 compatible" lol i bought the car right then and there.. i know it's my fault for not testing it out for 3 months later ...damn mp3 cd didnt work!! ouch!!

not even the 2007 compatible...wow but the G5 is!! come on GM.. why buy a cheaper car for a better radio... better car has cheaper radio WTF?

i guess i'm missing something
                  06' Black G6 GT Coupe: FL legal tint, GT-R Exhaust, Black Emblem Overlays, Silver G6peformance Decals, CAI coming soon...

Comment

it does play aac format though, just import your mp3's into itunes and it converts them

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
                    Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
                    Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
                    -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

what a hassle, yeah i don get that either
                      im also pissed that they dont have an aux port to plug in mp3 players.......wtf
                      35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
                      MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

Originally posted by Hello
                        it does play aac format though, just import your mp3's into itunes and it converts them

so could i just use any software to format audio files into aac to fit 900songs on a CD? i'm not familiar with itunes
                        06' Black G6 GT Coupe: FL legal tint, GT-R Exhaust, Black Emblem Overlays, Silver G6peformance Decals, CAI coming soon...

Comment

Any software such as dBpower Amp Converter will do that.

But what radio are you talking about? I find it hard to believe that it will play AAC.

Comment

^^^ Someone look into this for the rest of us. I am not sure about that format either.
                            Originally posted by Nikki
                            You are an e-pimp.
                            Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
                            I tried too, my penis way too big
                            07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
                            My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
                            The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

Originally posted by disposablehero
                              ^^^ Someone look into this for the rest of us. I am not sure about that format either.

has anyone done so?

Comment

Working...
                              X