Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet MAF sensor report 3500-3900 update 12-15 from Jet

Brand: JetChips

Price: I paid 150 but can be bought for 273.97-400.

Part Number: 69116

Purchased From: Through my mechanic but can be bought for 273.97 plus S+H at martelbrothers.com Or Jetchip.com for 400.

NOTE: Be prepared to wait aprox 10days, they are only made as needed so wont get damaged sitting around. (As that is what I was told)

Installation: Easy

Installation Time: <20 minutes

Any Installation Tips You Have:
    Be EXTREMLY carefull removing the clip from the MAF wiring harness before tugging it off or you may break it.

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 8 It uses the stock AC Delco housing so its a stock fit and look so a dealership wont notice.

Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 8 for the 3900

Would you Recommend to Others: Yes and No. If you have the 3900 is what I tested and see below. As the 3500 I dont know you will get same results or not. As I bought mine for 150 it is great as 275 is ok but 400, thats up to you.

My review and testing:

Let me start off am putting sometime into this review becuase NO one else has done this before as I know so want to be clear and specific so you can make your own conclution. Thats why maybe a little lenghty. All that is done to my car is...... Have a GM strut bar, Mobil 1 syn oil, K&N panel filter, bigger ground wire from batt to chasy ground, and now the Jetchip MAF sensor. Also am running 89octane becuase the MAF changes the air/fuel mix and didnt want to run to lean without the proper octane. To conclude I have the LS2 tires if that means anything to anyone.

All of these the TC was off. My first run was 5miles-ish around town. Had all in man. shift and car never got above 40-45 MPH because of speed limits. In first gear noticed a decent pick up. It was higher humity level outside and when was in 1st gear and was at 15 MPH and floored it spun the tires completly from 15-20 MPH and was like WOW lol. (but remeber could be from higher humity levels out, never had a chance to try that again as it is high humity here all weekend) Other then that, that day with first gear didnt do much more and that was it. 2nd run out just drove from my GFs house and back aprox 15miles each way and car wasnt in man. mode. Ran car hard and normal, first gear is pick up diffrence when at WOT. When stuck in traffice at 40 MPH-ish and the RPMs are low and gave it 3/4 throttle the car has a better throttle response there and down shifts from 4th to 2nd was more responsful in the downshift. Of corse when drivin the car normal not much driffrence at all only when the car is in WOT. Also because drove the car hard this weekend no notice in pick up on MPG lol.

Drove several times in Man. mode and auto and can conclude it has a better response in downshift to take off but had no way becuase havent taken it to the track for the 1/4mile and then this perfect test came along...... (the final run with the car)

Was aprox midnight, sat night. 56 degrees out, overcast, 94% humity, my GF and I was in the car with half a tank of gas left on the way home. A 2000-2004 mustang GT pulls up at a light (we caught 3lights with him know it is a 00-04 becuase of tail lights) He reves his motor and it was an automatic. I pull my RPMs up to 1K and we go from 0-40 he was at my passanger door then from 40-65 ish where we stoped he pulled to my bumper and was even then. 2nd light the light turned green to fast as we pulled up to it and the whole run 0-65 ish was at his driverside door. Then the 3rd light we caught he was mad you could see it my GF said. I pull this time my RPMs to 1500 and the light goes and both of up burn tires and stupid torque steer was fighting my steering wheel the whole time lol but from 0-65ish where we stop at he was at my rear bumper the WHOLE TIME!

To sum it up....... I would buy it again. I would estimate 8-10 HP and 8-10 torque at WOT pick up but remind you you have to be at the lower RPM spectum. I noticed NO mid/high RPM pick up at all. The take offs was a noticable diffrence even my GF commented on that esp 1st gear in the automatic. But if your no driving at WOT not much diffrence from stock to this one, besides the 4th to 2nd downshift when you give it like 3/4 throttle to get around some one at the 30-40 MPH range.

Those are my experences and how I have taken it. It is up to you if you want to get one or you hate it, just my review of it. Any other questions on it please ask.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Re: My Jet MAF sensor report 3500-3900

Thanks for the review. I was slightly wondering about it.

Here are the cliff notes for people who don't read as much as I do.
    Originally posted by dre256
    I noticed NO mid/high RPM pick up at all.
    04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
    Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Thanks Seth for pointing that out. That is an important part to take into acount. Am glad someone did read it all the way through, was woundering because it is long

Help simplify it up:

Pros:
      A product for the G6 (as there isnt many out)
      Factory fit and look so dealer wont notice
      Low RPM pick up, first gear alot more torque-full (if thats a word lol)
      Better throttle response in lower RPM range and downshift response from 4th to 2nd when aplicatble (IE 30-40 MPH in traffic and then giving gas to pass)

Cons:
      Pricey
      NO mid/high RPM pick up
      unless at lower RPMs and then going to WOT no diffrence in performance from stock to the Jet.

2013 Mustang GT
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

ok i understand what you were sayin bout the high rpms... but you wont lose anything if you were and higher rpms such as 3000 3500??? when i drag race i rev inbetween there...

if you dont understand what i just said im saying....

although some people rev that high you may not see that big of a gain but you wont lose any thing right??? such as hp or launching???
        !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
        FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
        SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
        14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

you wont lose anything

how could you lose anything with something like this anyway?

4th gear doesnt start till 40 mph just so you know, and this would be good for getting off line at no revs

good review dre

Comment

Huh, I may have to consider this. I usually cruise at low RPMs anyway (4th gear at 22MPH, 5th gear at 33MPH, 6th gear at 45MPH). Very curious.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
            - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
            - DS S3 Intake
            - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Originally posted by ByGeSg6GTP
              although some people rev that high you may not see that big of a gain but you wont lose any thing right??? such as hp or launching???
              Thats correct, there will be no drop off of HP or launching ability. As I can tell the MAF sensor affected nothing on the higher RPM spectrum. That is most likely becuase the PCM does not use the MAF at higher RPMs as ussally goes to a closed loop setup for the air/fuel mix and just run off of the O2 sensors.

2013 Mustang GT
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                Huh, I may have to consider this. I usually cruise at low RPMs anyway (4th gear at 22MPH, 5th gear at 33MPH, 6th gear at 45MPH). Very curious.
                Also remember that you have a 6spd auto, that is why your gears are diffrent at diffrent speeds. In my GTP with the 3900 is a 4spd auto. Unfortinally, it doesnt list the 07 GTP on the Jetchip site as fit, but that could be just from not an update on the list. If the part number on the 3900 MAF is the same as on your 3.6L MAF then it should work on yours.

If the same part numbers and will work on your car, you may see a better pick up then I as you can keep your RPMs lower because of the 2 additional gears. However, then again you could see not much improvement becuase your engine doesnt produce you torque and HP to higher on the RPM sepctrum. I just dont know with the 3.6L. As the 3900 the low end RPMs are nice because 80% of the torque is avalible at 1500 ish RPMs.

2013 Mustang GT
                Brembo brake package
                420 HP 5.0L
                Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

good write up! Thanks! But another con would be that you need higher octane fuel right? Well, for me anyway. I like paying my $1.95
                  -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                    good write up! Thanks! But another con would be that you need higher octane fuel right? Well, for me anyway. I like paying my $1.95
                    You technically dont need higher octane, doesnt call for it. But everything I have heard about the G6s PCM is it seems like its set for max performance for 86/87 octane. So I am running now mid grade 89 octane just to be on the safe side. The MAF is prob changing the air/fuel mix to a leaner setup for the PCM. So am doing it to be safe and not risk running too lean without proper octane. Even though threres no evidence to say you should or shouldnt, but I would.

And thank you everyone that has liked what I have said, took time to read it, and the compliments It did take like 45mins to write that and did my best to double check it.

2013 Mustang GT
                    Brembo brake package
                    420 HP 5.0L
                    Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

The MAF is prob changing the air/fuel mix to a leaner setup for the PCM. So am doing it to be safe and not risk running too lean without proper octane.
                      The octane isn't going to change the a/f ratio much at all, especially goingfrom 87 to only 89. The reason to run higher octane fuel is to run more timing (unless we are talking about race fuel with a higer specific gravity).
                      04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                      Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
                        The MAF is prob changing the air/fuel mix to a leaner setup for the PCM. So am doing it to be safe and not risk running too lean without proper octane.
                        The octane isn't going to change the a/f ratio much at all, especially goingfrom 87 to only 89. The reason to run higher octane fuel is to run more timing (unless we are talking about race fuel with a higer specific gravity).
                        I understand now, since the timing is no diffrent then becuase the MAF sensor has nothing to do with timing then it still would be regular/87 to run. Thanks

2013 Mustang GT
                        Brembo brake package
                        420 HP 5.0L
                        Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Originally posted by PrimeGTP
                          Also remember that you have a 6spd auto, that is why your gears are diffrent at diffrent speeds. In my GTP with the 3900 is a 4spd auto. Unfortinally, it doesnt list the 07 GTP on the Jetchip site as fit, but that could be just from not an update on the list. If the part number on the 3900 MAF is the same as on your 3.6L MAF then it should work on yours.

If the same part numbers and will work on your car, you may see a better pick up then I as you can keep your RPMs lower because of the 2 additional gears. However, then again you could see not much improvement becuase your engine doesnt produce you torque and HP to higher on the RPM sepctrum. I just dont know with the 3.6L. As the 3900 the low end RPMs are nice because 80% of the torque is avalible at 1500 ish RPMs.
                          I wanna start seriously looking at this now that I have some cash to burn. What IS the 3900 MAF sensor part #, so I can compare?

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
                          - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
                          - DS S3 Intake
                          - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

Best bet is go to the dealership and ask the parts department. I did a yahoo search for like 2mins and nothing immedatly didnt pop up but doesnt mean its not on the internet either.

2013 Mustang GT
                            Brembo brake package
                            420 HP 5.0L
                            Ford Racing Power Pack

Comment

Octane merely increases the resistance to detonation, it does nothing as far as the air fuel ratio...
                              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                              X