Audio....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio....

Ok so i dont know that much about stereos or amps or any of that. With that being said, i want my car to have a little more bass. I have an 07 Aura. the stock system is loud but i want bump. I dont want to have to spend a ton of money seeing as im in college. i just need suggestions on what to get to make it have more bass. any information would be helpful.

Re: Audio....

If you want really low bass or some serious slam then you should probably get a subwoofer. But just for some clearer tighter audio with more thump some upgraded speakers should be perfect.
    07 G6 GT Progression [traded]
    05 Sentra S-ER Spec-V Progression

Comment

aside from adjusting the treble mid and bass settings you wont get anymore bump without adding a sub into the equation.

Comment

yea see i knew that i will probably end up getting a sub and an amp but i just dont know which kind i should get.

Comment

your best bet is to go and listen to some. i've been having great luck with my elemental designs e5.12 powered by an elemental designs NINe.1. Another good choice would be JL Audio W3 powered by a Hifonics HFi1000D. best thing to do though is just go listen to a bunch of subs and choose the one you like best

Comment

i have two MTX thunder 4500 with a 500 crunch where you at in ky
            07 V6 Red on Black right now Red on Chrome in the summer

Comment

yea i was looking at jl a few minutes ago. and i have heard that the mtx's are really good but then ive also heard bad reviews too. Im planning on going and testing a few out soon. and im in Northern Kentucky.

Comment

This would be my choice:

JL 12W3
                Hifonics HFi1000D

totals in at $330.

Thats a killer deal for that setup. could even throw in a second woofer and it would only be up to $510

Comment

yea i was just looking at the jl 12w3. My only thing is i dont want to get the amp and then blow the sub.i doubt it would happen but still.

Comment

you just have to learn to set your gains properly. Made a mistake. This is actually the W3 you'd want. Clicky. The amp will only be putting out 750WRms at 2 ohms, which is still more than enough to blow it if you continuously run it at that. But if you set your gains properly you wont over power it.

Comment

yea so as long as there isnt a huge audible distortion then i should be ok. thanks for the help this really did come in handy. Ill hopefully be picking out my system in the next two months or so. chances are it will be what you suggested

Comment

no problem. the easiest way to set your gains is using the equation Voltage=sqrt(Power x Resistance). So if you were to get the 2ohm w3 and wanted to run it at 500Wrms then it would be Voltage = sqrt(500 x 2). So the AC voltage you would be looking for across the terminals were you hooked the sub up would be 31.6V AC. Of course if you wanted to run less power then you would just decrease 500 in the equation down to the desired power level. Just be sure not to run the sub above its recommended rms value or you risk blowing the sub.

One other thing. if you dont get the system i posted above make sure you get an amplifier that has more power than the sub requires. if you get one with less and try to turn it up too much, you will send a clipped signal to the sub which wont be good. You'll also want to be playing a test tone while you are doing this. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me

read through this. it will help you understand how to do it. How to set your gains
                        Last edited by Dmanj; 01-25-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X