Another Metra Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Metra Question

So I'm getting a single din deck and I know that to keep my DIC then I need the Metra 99-3303. However someone over in G6OC said that when they had their Metra put in that it killed his battery for a month straight until he figured out that it was the Metra itself doing the damage.

Basically I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this or had this happen to them. I want a new deck bad simply because it'll make the ease of putting an aftermarket system in way better and it'll sound much better. Also I'm pretty sure I have the monsoon system cuz my indash says monsoon whenever I turn it on.
    08 G6 GT, no mods as of yet.

Soon to come: Metra 99-3303, Alpine iDA-X305S, Alpine SWX-1043D, Alpine PDX-M12, Spyder Projectors, Black Altezza Tails, Tint, Rims.

Re: Another Metra Question

someone f'd up the wiring and the battery ran itself down
    Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
    JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

^ truth.

hook it up properly and you'll have no problems with it. its really straight forward. you basically color match the wires. connect them and plug it in.

Comment

thats what i figured it was somethin simple like that. good to know fellas, thanks. cannot wait to get the new setup. thanks for the help

Soon to come: Metra 99-3303, Alpine iDA-X305S, Alpine SWX-1043D, Alpine PDX-M12, Spyder Projectors, Black Altezza Tails, Tint, Rims.

Comment

Really i should just start another thread for this but i dont feel like spamming the site so here goes.

Is there any kind of part or wiring harness, or indash that i can get to where my stearing wheel controls will still work on an aftermarket indash. basicaly im trying to keep ALL stock functions without sacrificing anything. i know that might be alot to ask for but hey, gotta do it big

Comment

PAC makes steering wheel control harnesses. This one works with Alpine radios.

BTW, i notice you're looking at the spyder projectors. Take a look at these. They have a better output than the spyders. i dont know how open you are to suggestions on the stuff your looking at but its just something to consider

Comment

Yeah im up for suggestions and i did see those and like them way more but the price is a bit high for me for headlights. idk tho cuz lights arent coming for a while, not until after i get my system done so maybe ill change my mind by then

Comment

i wouldnt waste your money on the spyders. the light output on them is brutal. worse than the stock headlights. i would wait until you have the cash and buy the other ones. they are ALOT better.

Have you looked at any other amps and subs other than the alpines? you can definitely save money on an amp if you dont want to spend $1000

Comment

System wise idk, my buddy back home knows alot about systems so i asked him about it and he suggested the PDX 1.1000 but the dont make it anymore and the PDX M12 is the one that replaced it so i just decided to go with that. preferably keeping the whole alpine system.

Comment

Ok well it is up to you. Keep in mind you can get 1000w amps for alot less than $1000

Comment

2 words... Rockford Fosgate LOL Sorry...

Comment

Comment

^ and that is a pic of????? the metra im assuming

Comment

Originally posted by datacat View Post
                            2 words... Rockford Fosgate LOL Sorry...
                            i would do Rock Fos but i honestly dont have themoney to get a system like i want. so far what i have in my signature is exactly what i want and i see no problem so far with it. except for the metra which i have no choice in so it doesnt really bother me at all. cant wait to have all this stuff done.

Comment

The rock ford stuff will be cheaper than the alpine stuff you've chosen lol. All that alpine stuff in your sig will run you around $2000. And the rest of the stuff and ur up to $4000-$5000

Comment

Working...
                              X