Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best All Season Tire

Hey everyone,
    I currently have Conti's that came with the car and they are the most terrible tire I have ever used in the rain. They are seriously dangerous! So I am in the process of looking up different tires. I am using tirerack and am looking for other g6 owners but cannot find too many. I was wondering what everyone else has on the forum. They need to be all season and good performance, I do not care about an ultra long life tire really, but control and wet and winter stability without going to two sets of tires. I have the stock 17 inch GT cromies. can anyone help?

Ryan

I installed a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires on my Maxima, and I thought they were awesome in bad weather. They were not the best as a high-performance summer tire, but I thought they were a great compromise between the summer and winter, all year tire for us northerners. They are kind of pricey, and this was several years ago. So there may be newer, better All Seasons available now.
    When the crappy GoyDears that came as OEM's on my G6 wear out, I'll be looking into a set of those or something comparable.
    I'm sure other people have favorites too.
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I run Avon M550 M/S's and like them a lot, plus the are inexpensive.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyres ... earch=true
      04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
      Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

I have used Falcon Ziex before and they were cheap but were as good as my Michelin Pilots.

Comment

I had a set of Pirelli P6 on my 9-3, they wore out at ~36,000 and okay at first. Went down hill quickly. Change to a set a of Yokahama AVID V4S. Didn't get to try them in the snow, but they were great during a couple of those gulley washers that we get in San Antonio. Here is a link to the review on the Tire Rack that helped me decide. They weren't all that expensive, although that depends on size. I guess she was right, size does matter.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... l=AVID+V4S

Comment

Originally posted by Convert
            ...but they were great during a couple of those gulley washers that we get in San Antonio.
            You mean that flood back in October of 1998? The most important thing about
            your tire then was using it as a floatation device.
            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Kumho ASX is a really good performer, Pilots are really good as well.

Comment

I've had Pilot all-seasons that were ok in the snow.

I also had Toyo winter tires that were fantastic in snow and ice.

Comment

For an all season tire, I'm a huge fan of Michelin Pilots. I had Pilot's on my Grand Am and they had really good dry/wet traction, and decent snow/ice traction.

Once the goodyears come off of my GTP, I will not be getting goodyears again.

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

The only thing the stock Conti's are good for are burn-outs. You can lay a pretty good patch with them. I'm trying to wear them out ASAP so I can get new better set. Thanks everyone for your input. I hate going to a tire dealer and asking "What's the best tire for this....". You know you are going to get the stock they can't sell.
                    2005 G6 GT, body kit, red calipers, redline elite hood lifts, pan roof, tan leather interior, monsoon 6-disk, 17" crome rims, Dr. Speed stage 3 CAI, Strut tower brace, White painted headlights

Comment

goto tirerack.com and at the main page they did a test that compares winter tires to all season tires and they tested it on ice so it should be interesting... i did not read it so u might have to....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/tes ... sp?ttid=79

then again it was rear wheel drive cars to all wheel drives but do some research im sure theres shit out there
                      !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                      FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                      SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                      14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

I had Pilot sports A/S on my 350Z. They were pretty good in the cold weather and I was actually able to drive it in light snow. (slowly of course)
                        They were just as good if not better than the potenza's that came stock on the car. They were a bit expensive though. 210 a tire, but that was 2 years ago.

Comment

The Tiger Paws on my beast are horrible. Bad wet and dry traction, the wet is insanely BAD. I took a mildly fast turn in my neighborhood and the car slid almost to the curb.
                          2007 G5 Base Model
                          Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Working...
                          X