TEMP on DIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEMP on DIC

So I spent the morning reading through the owners manual trying to determine what the TEMP light on the DIC meant. There was nothing in the manual. Any ideas?
    ~ Nick
    ----------------
    2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
    Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

If this is not a "warning msg" like if your door was ajar and is just a little light on the bottom of the radio display. As stupid as it sound it basically a little reminder letting you know that your display is showing the temp hahaha! I dunno why they put it on there as if we don't know what a temperature read out looks like...
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

can't say that I've seen this, gonna have to take a look when I head to work today.
      TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

If this is not a "warning msg" like if your door was ajar and is just a little light on the bottom of the radio display. As stupid as it sound it basically a little reminder letting you know that your display is showing the temp hahaha! I dunno why they put it on there as if we don't know what a temperature read out looks like...
        Yeah I was wondering if it had to do with the fact I leave it on the setting that shows the clock and the temperature, and then normally I leave the remaining fuel mileage info on...... Was just weird there was nothing about it in the 500 page novel of a manual.
        ~ Nick
        ----------------
        2006 Silver GT Coupe

Originally posted by noRulez
        Whenever a car is parked too close to a curb an Angel gets AIDS.

Comment

I don't believe there is anything about the interior lights either, before I changed all mine over to LED's I went through the manual to try and find how to get to them and the bulb numbers but never found anything.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
            I don't believe there is anything about the interior lights either, before I changed all mine over to LED's I went through the manual to try and find how to get to them and the bulb numbers but never found anything.
            Yeah I was a little perplexed that there was no mention of the interior lights either, because when I got my car the dome switch was set to off and the first time I got into the car at night I was like "wtf, don't tell me they didn't install a dome light just to save some money."
            -Kevin
            2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
            2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

Comment

Temp not accurate all the time

Has Anybody had problems with the temp reading on the DIC not being accurate all the time. I have had mine stick on a very high temp when it's cold outside and it won't move when I drive sometimes it does it the other way when it's hot it reads cold does anybody know where the sensor is located thanks for any help

Comment

Id take it right to the dealership LOL...
                Originally posted by Toyz
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Re: Temp not accurate all the time

Originally posted by mmoss1200
                  Has Anybody had problems with the temp reading on the DIC not being accurate all the time. I have had mine stick on a very high temp when it's cold outside and it won't move when I drive sometimes it does it the other way when it's hot it reads cold does anybody know where the sensor is located thanks for any help
                  I was reading up about the DIC because the information sure the hell isn't in real time, I think it just updates randomly or I think I read something about it updating everytime the car is started. I tried holding Enter for some of the readouts to see if they would reset and display the correct reading-some do and some don't. Look into your owners manual-it has a lot of info about the DIC.

Comment

I was just searching about the temp in the DIC, and I came across this. Have you figured out how to get the temp to read correctly? Like a reset or something?
                    myspace.com/donaldlynd

Comment

Re: TEMP on DIC

Originally posted by Smoove
                      So I spent the morning reading through the owners manual trying to determine what the TEMP light on the DIC meant. There was nothing in the manual. Any ideas?
                      That just means that it is showing the temperature on the display.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoove
                        Yeah I was wondering if it had to do with the fact I leave it on the setting that shows the clock and the temperature, and then normally I leave the remaining fuel mileage info on...... Was just weird there was nothing about it in the 500 page novel of a manual.
                        i try to leave it on the setting showing the clock and the temp but for some reason the temp always gets replaced with the station my XM is on after about 5 seconds. i don't really care what station i am on and would rather see the outside temp but i can't get it to stay on the display.

Comment

You can't set the temp display as default while tuned into XM.

Comment

Re: Temp not accurate all the time

Originally posted by mmoss1200
                            It happened with mine. It showed 19 Degrees Celsius when it's snowing
                            <-- Gray G6? Click!
                            2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                            2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                            Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

yeh mine sticks every now and then, but just drive and it goes away, or turn car off and back on helps it

Comment

Working...
                              X