Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Really Drive an American Car? (MSN Auto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Really Drive an American Car? (MSN Auto)

Just some interesting facts. Not to start a "Made-in-America" debate.
    These cars are all assembled in the USA.
    The percentage of parts that are also made in the US are:

Honda Accord 80%
    Chevrolet Corvette 75%
    Honda Civic 70%
    Chevrolet Camaro 66%
    Cadillac CTS 65%
    Ford Mustang 65%
    Ford Taurus 65%
    Chevrolet Cruze 45%
    Hyundai Sonata 40%

Re: Do You Really Drive an American Car? (MSN Auto)

were did you find all this info? i know BMW, Toyota, and Subaru have assembly plants in the US

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

So a Accord is more American than a Corvette? I have a hard time believing that.
      RIP 2007 Black G6 GT Coupe - you will be missed

"The H is silent."

Comment

whether or not it was 100% made in the USA its where that company is owned. Who benefits most on the final sale of that automobile? yes those assembly stations are in the US making money true, but in a shop that cranks out hundreds of cars that sell for thousands on thousands of dollars, who makes that big final profit?

It always seems like you have this attitude towards america that is negative. Not everyone is a total redneck that sees chevy and thinks THAT THER IS AN 'MERICAN MADE CERR. we all know things get made all over the world. its called outsourcing and cheap labor and it's been happening for quite some time.
        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

ps if anyone is interested the article is here

sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

i believe it overseas is cheaper thats y toyota and honda are made here for the most part because its cheaper Ford started this back before WWI over in britain, russia, africa, esc
            Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
            JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

It's cheaper to build them where you buy them. I stated this before on another thread but I don't remember where but Toyota and Honda have more domestic cars with over a 75% domestic parts content ratio than the US companies. There are only a handful of Honda and Toyota vehicles that are imported into the US. Most of their line is from right here in N. America.

Comment

Still would never buy one. I stopped at the local honda dealer a few months back bc they had a sexy yellow solstice coupe sitting in the lot. I ased to test drive it but apparently it was he owners personal car. he salesman asked if I wanted to maybe drive a civic si instead. I lauged in his face and left.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

As far as I know my Holden's all put together in Australia minus the battery, radio, fuses, and airbags that were installed when they got off the ship in Califnornia. A very large amount of the parts were all made and assenbled in South Korea. Almost all the replacement parts I've overed for the GTO so far have a Hodlen part # saying Made in Korea lablel on them.. then GM North America literally threw a label over it with their part number, and Made in Austrailia lol.
                  2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                  Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                  Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                  2005 CGM GTO.
                  386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                  2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan5150 View Post
                    Still would never buy one. I stopped at the local honda dealer a few months back bc they had a sexy yellow solstice coupe sitting in the lot. I ased to test drive it but apparently it was he owners personal car. he salesman asked if I wanted to maybe drive a civic si instead. I lauged in his face and left.
                    this post, to me, was massive win.
                    sigpic

Comment

My gf was with me and she was laughing too. He said that and I kinda looked at him and said I'm not really into that rice burner scene, and he kinda looked at me like he didnt hear me right so I said I just dont like foreign cars. He came back that they are made right here in Ohio and I said yeah but its still foreign sooooooo ba bye.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

My gf was with me and she was laughing too. He said that and I kinda looked at him and said I'm not really into that rice burner scene, and he kinda looked at me like he didnt hear me right so I said I just dont like foreign cars. He came back that they are made right here in Ohio and I said yeah but its still foreign sooooooo ba bye.

2 massive win posts in a row

Progression Page - G6P Garage

They had like 47 different kinds of diapers there so I picked up some ShamWow's and Duct Tape instead

Comment

PS: Guess how the Pontiac Solstice GXP did against the Civic Si in the SCCA World Challenge GTS class. I recommend you don't do any research you'll be disappointed.
                          Last edited by Metalhead852; 01-12-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalhead852 View Post
                            [PS: Guess how the Pontiac Solstice GXP did against the Civic Si in the SCCA World Challenge GTS class. I recommend you don't do any research you'll be disappointed.
                            hey guess who doesnt give a shit (everyone here)

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                            Originally posted by snowmanG6
                            you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Totally agree with Crimson and Jordan.

US companies help US , what's there not to get...

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                              G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Working...
                              X