Pioneer AVIc-D3 installed in 2009.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer AVIc-D3 installed in 2009.5

Saturday we installed a Pioneer AVIC-D3 double-din headunit with DVD, navigation, XM, Bluetooth, IPOD and steering wheel controls in my wife’s 2009.5 G6.

First a list of the parts:
    Pioneer AVIC-D3 headunit with DVD and navigation
    Pioneer XM tuner (GEX-P920XM)
    Pioneer Bluetooth interface (BTB200)
    Pioneer iPod interface (CD-I200)
    Scosche steering wheel controls interface (SWCPS)
    Axxess OnStar interface (GMOS-LAN-03)
    G6 double-din dash install kit

I think it looks awesome, the sound is a lot better than with the stock head unit and the navigation works flawlessly. The Bluetooth and iPod function work great as well.
    We mounted the XM tuner underneath the carpet under the passenger seat. The Bluetooth interface is mounted behind the center kick panel on the driver side. The steering wheel control interface and OnStar interface are mounted behind the head unit. The iPod cable comes out through the storage bay below the temperature controls.

A few minor issues of note:
    1-All of the chimes work except the ones for the turn signals. I have to read through the Axxess instructions and see if I can figure out why.
    2-TheXM reception with the aftermarket antenna is not as good as it was with the factory antenna. I’m going to see if there is a way to hook up the factory XM antenna. Searching through what I could find on google, some say you can, some say you can’t. First I have to find where the factory XM tuner is located and go from there.
    3-The only steering wheel controls we could get to program were the volume up and down. Everytime we tried to program the other buttons the OnStar kicked on.

Here are some before, during and after pics.
    Last edited by hafnutz67; 01-11-2011, 02:54 PM.
Working...
X