Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas synthetic oil aditive, what you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucas synthetic oil aditive, what you guys think?

I have used Lucas aditives before in my Jeep mainly. Like the transmition slip stop with stop leak, and power steering stop leak and been very happy with it. IMO best stop leaks around and they work with apears no bad side affects.

I know its been out forever the Lucas synthetic aditive. Suppose to in-hanse the oil already in the engine but I dont know. Anyone have any oppinons on it?
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Re: Lucas synthetic oil aditive, what you guys think?

i have no opinion but one of my coworkers always speaks at length about how great it is. hes basicaly said its helped stop or greatly diminish lifter tick in some of his cars and basicaly stuff like that

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
    Originally posted by snowmanG6
    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Well if those little gear setups they have at parts counters are true, the four little plastic gears with the crank one having oil and the other having 20% lucas, are real then Lucas is some awesome stuff. But I have been told by some of the old guys that Marvel Mystery Oil is great stuff too. Both seem to work great when I have used them but I have no real scientific proof to back any of it. Kind of a "It just works" thing

Comment

I have seen a test done that showed that lucas oil actually lets air mix into the oil when severly agitated and IMO air in your oil is very very bad bc air doesnt lubricate. It also thins the oil down so when the car sits it all drains into the pan and your heads dont have oil upon start up. I will see if I can find it.

All the saturn guys on sixthsphere will never use it and most of them have tried everything bc saturns eat oil like a fat kid eats cake. But they all swear by MMO
        Last edited by Jordan5150; 01-11-2011, 07:25 AM.

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

check " bob is the oil guy" website
          shows that kind of oil aeration that jordan is speaking

Comment

I've used lucas for my past 3 changes, but I won't be for my next change. I checked the bob is the oil guy website and there was a thread on it stating it to be mostly worthless.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

I subscribe to the change your oil regularly and don't waste money on the additives. I use full synthetic, currently Pennzoil, and change every 4000 miles. It uses very little over the 4000 miles and my 3.5 has 118,000 miles.

ominousone

Comment

Originally posted by ominousone View Post
                I subscribe to the change your oil regularly and don't waste money on the additives. I use full synthetic, currently Pennzoil, and change every 4000 miles. It uses very little over the 4000 miles and my 3.5 has 118,000 miles.

ominousone
                That's exactly what I do. Don't waste your time with additive. I replace mine every 3,000 miles but I'll let mobil 1 do the talking here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfMHO...57742837885DB3

And in case you're wondering, 1,000,000 KM is approximately 624,000 Miles.
                sigpic
                MY PROGRESSION:
                http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20385

Mods: Classic Performance Exhaust, WAMS 93 Octane tune, Crab Intake, and a whole lot more...

Comment

Working...
                X